Thread: Any carbed Procharger guys out there?

Any carbed Procharger guys out there?

Just curious. I had an epiphany 3 weeks ago and decided to go carbed on the 4 to 8 project. The motor is setup for boost so the supercharger is still going on. As big a fan of Novi's as I am, their only carbed offering is for 3 years worth of 60's stangs. So, that leaves Procharger as the only company that offers complete blower kits for late model mustang guys. I'm looking to have some ???'s answered:

-does anyone out there have one?
    -how do you like it?
    -does the use of a carb hat vs. enclosure give you any problems?
    -how much did you pay? intercooled or not.

Junior SCH Member
    Carbed BBC with non-intercooled D1, So far I am happy with the results 10 second car with basic parts. I'm using the Extreme Velocity hat from www.superiorairflow.com it's a good piece. the carb setup comes down to the tune. You can pay for a pro carb but I think entry level boost levels can be tuned by do it yourselfers. Carb will need choke removed, nitrophyl floats, and Start with a safe tune low timing, lots of jet, and get some type of tuning tool. I use downpipe egt's but many like the LM-1 WB o2 sensor.
    Good Luck
    Walt
    http://www.personal.kent.edu/~wbainey/CHEVELLE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstalker
    Just curious. I had an epiphany 3 weeks ago and decided to go carbed on the 4 to 8 project. The motor is setup for boost so the supercharger is still going on. As big a fan of Novi's as I am, their only carbed offering is for 3 years worth of 60's stangs. So, that leaves Procharger as the only company that offers complete blower kits for late model mustang guys. I'm looking to have some ???'s answered:

-does anyone out there have one?
    -how do you like it?
    -does the use of a carb hat vs. enclosure give you any problems?
    -how much did you pay? intercooled or not.