Thread: Quick Air/Fuel with Air to Air cooler question

Junior SCH Member

Quick Air/Fuel with Air to Air cooler question

I had a friend mention to me that when I'm tuning my car on the dyno with my big air to air cooler to set the air fuel ratio up top to 11:1. He said the dyno will show a given set of numbers but they will be off about 20-40 rwhp on the street because no air is going into the intercooler. Anyone else set up the car like this? I'm running a blow throu setup with the IAT temp after the intercooler. He said when he set his car up like this it pulled close to 2-3 mph faster on the track. Anyone have any ideas what to do? Set it at 11:1 or 12:1?

intercooled i would absolutely set it up for 12:1......are you making pretty good power?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Well I set it up at 12:1 but he is telling me when the temps drop from the intercooler it might go lean up top? And yea the car is making great power right now. He just told me if you want the motor to live to richen it up. (It's a 97 DOHC with a T-trim)

split the diff an try 11.5? Do what you think is right.......11.0 is plenty safe......prolly won't miss 30 horses though :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D