Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any news on the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials? I want new tires!!!

Thread: Any news on the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials? I want new tires!!!

Any news on the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials? I want new tires!!!

Hey I am looking into buying some new tires! I was thinking of going with the drag radials, but I see they may be stickier than the ET Street's, and they would wear quicker!

I want to get a nice street tire "So I can drive in the rain"! What do you guys think I should get? I'm going to buy 2 more rims, and 2 tires, and keep my ET's on the rims I have now and just change when needed!

Thanks...
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

if you want 275/60/15's you're in luck cause that's all they have.......the rest are on hold.......I'm not gonna hold my breath

Dood.....Get Hoosier Quick Time Pro's. I've never heard anyone bad mouth them.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I want a set of the mickeys really bad, but can't find em anywhere. so I went with the bfg's.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

If you are wanting to stay with a radial I have a couple friends who have run both the BFG and Nitto drag radials. They both said that the BFGs are better on the track but for street use they both preferred the Nittos. Just my two cents.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

have heard the same :)

Senior SCH Member
    i love my nittos for the street and strip. i havent had any complaints so far.

after watching the mt drag radials at wfc7, i want a set to try but will have to wait for the 17's to come out in july.

but some of those cars at wfc were running the mt's and i think the fastest went deep in the 8's on them also.

They boys from New Mexico (Mike Keenan and Anthony Dickson) who were two of the three 8 second cars were not running the MTs. I will ask them today but am almost 99.5% sure. Just thin, if they were!! 7s!!!

Just got a note that Keenan was using the BFG's. Will let you know about Anthony but pretty sure it was BFG's also.
    Last edited by MeJay Racing; 06-29-2004 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    if you want 275/60/15's you're in luck cause that's all they have.......the rest are on hold.......I'm not gonna hold my breath

Dood.....Get Hoosier Quick Time Pro's. I've never heard anyone bad mouth them.
    The QTP are awesome. I only use them for the drive to the track and at the strip. I am pulling 1.4x's 6o ft's with no wheel spin. 27x11.5 with 670rwhp.

Tremec TKo 5 speed BTW

They hook very whell on the street with 20 psi. I can smack 2nd and they hook. Even when not warmed up.

I run 315/35/17 Nitto DR on the street for my street tire. They hook pretty well for my 671 rwhp. I rolled out on 1st get into 2nd on a warm sunny day they hook good. As for rain, my car doesn't see rain. So can't say.
    Wear is great. Good for ~12,000 -15,000 miles.

I had BFG DR and seem to hook about the same, maybe a little better however I had the 275/50/15. More side wall. But tread life was more like 3,000-5,000 miles.

There is also the M&H drag radial. Anyone try those yet? They look good but don't come in 16s :( Anyone want some trade some chrome ponies for some good 15 meats and pizza cutters? :D

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...79&prmenbr=361