Thread: F-1R belt information

Junior SCH Member

F-1R belt information

I have just purchased, but not recieved, an F-1R for my fox body mustang. My motor is 383 windsor combo. My question is, how do you align the charger belt with the crank? Does the kit come with a new crank pulley and will it work with motor sport balancer and a march water pump bypass kit, due to which my only accessory is an altenator. Also is the f-1 real loud. I have heard that they are loudest ones out which suits me just fine.

thanks Johnny M

Junior SCH Member Blown9SecStang's Avatar
    If you were using a serpentine belt setup before the blower, you would have needed a spacer for the crank pulley. You'll just use the same spacer to get the correct alignment.
    Drag Racers go straight to the finish line. The other guys drive in circles looking for it.

SCH Member
    When i got mine, the bolts they provided to mount the blower bracket to the head were waaay to short, so they had to send me threaded rod that i cut to the correct length to work. Second, the belt they sent was not the right size, it was waaay to long. Just a few things you might need to deal with.