Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speedytang i got new pics finaly

Senior SCH Member
    Speedy,

Is the 38ft lbs to rotate the input shaft on the pulley for all sn units? I just need to know the ftlbs for my sn 2000?

Ty for all of the help!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    It seems to me they(paxton) set the GSS and the SN2000 with different specs then the early units but I don't see why since they are the exact unit unless it was to keep the units working for the 1 year warranty. See what yours shows on a torque wrench now. This rating is with the unit full of Type 'F' because this number 38 ftlbs was with the fluid pump being pressurized.

Senior SCH Member
    I took mine apart already:( I think Mine showed 30ft lbs but Craig at paridise said that it should only take 22 inch lbs to rotate the unit? That is quite abit of difference between the two torques?

Was that the Dry setting with no fluid.

22 inlbs? I think my unit takes that just to rotate the front cover pulley when apart. 30 ftlbs I could see when broken in but my old chart showed like 38ftlbs new and my VR4 should be 44-46ftlbs. which is why they should only be used for off-road use because of the wear and the heat generated so you needed the cooler unit.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    22 inlbs? I think my unit takes that just to rotate the front cover pulley when apart. 30 ftlbs I could see when broken in but my old chart showed like 38ftlbs new and my VR4 should be 44-46ftlbs. which is why they should only be used for off-road use because of the wear and the heat generated so you needed the cooler unit.
    Speedy, I'm not sure if I understand the 22inch lbs? Are you talking about rotating the front have of the s/c when apart? The input side, Correct? I do have the oil cooler and was thinking of adding a second cooler ( saw one in summit for 25 bucks). So I will put my case together, alighn the balls, then make sure the pulley takes 38ft/lbs to rotate the pulley, correct?

I did make a custom intake system for my Z. The paxton set up was a heater hose that ran to the drivers side. I cut a piece of 3in aluminum and a 90deg, welded it up and then polished it, looks awsome and will post pics once I get it together. Still waiting for my S/C case from the machine shop:(
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 06-07-2004 at 11:13 AM.

I am not sure what is 22 in.lbs. because I have never seen one. I am not sure what Craig is talking about on that measurement. I would shoot for any place between 30-38 ftlbs just remember the harder to turn the more energy the engine must make to turn and the more heat you generate and the quicker you wear out parts.

Senior SCH Member
    Speedy,

Thanks for all of the help! I'll let you know how my rebuild turns out.