Thread: Belt slipping?

Question Belt slipping?

I hear what sounds like the belt slipping when I get on the throttle. And I've seen some belt dust. Any ideas how to fix? I have the pulley on the snout bracket turned as far as possible to make the belt tight. Running 115.25" belt and 6# pulley.
    95 AODE GT, TransGo shift kit and cooler, 80mm MAF, 65mm TB, 6# Kenne Bell w/ Flowzilla, electric boost & FP gauges, digital A/F gauge, 1 5/8" unequal shorties, 2 1/2" ProChamber, 2 1/2" Borla catback, SpeedCal and 3.55 rear gears.

Junior SCH Member
    depending on how new the belt is i would possibly go down in size and try to get the smallest belt on . as you know all belts give so by getting the smallest belt itwill give, but onlyennuff not to start slipping. if not check your pullies and make sure everything is lined up okay.

How do you check pulley alignment? Is there more to it than eye-balling it?
    95 AODE GT, TransGo shift kit and cooler, 80mm MAF, 65mm TB, 6# Kenne Bell w/ Flowzilla, electric boost & FP gauges, digital A/F gauge, 1 5/8" unequal shorties, 2 1/2" ProChamber, 2 1/2" Borla catback, SpeedCal and 3.55 rear gears.

Junior SCH Member
    eye-balling it is usually done, but if you have a straight edge ruler or something of that nature then you can do it that way. if it off pull your pulley off and shim it up until you get correct alignment.

Thanks for the tips. The 115.25" was pretty tight to get on. Would the -1/4" in length help?