Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Attn: Lightning/Roush S3 guys...

Thread: Attn: Lightning/Roush S3 guys...

Junior SCH Member

Exclamation Attn: Lightning/Roush S3 guys...

One of my intercooler bolts inside the manifold let go for some reason and made it into the #8 chamber and locked the motor up @5+K. The bolt made a nice hole in the quench area of the chamber but a blob of alum fixed that.

This was the parts list...

Man down.

I guess the last guy that was in there either forgot to use loctite or forgot to torque that bolt down but I drove the car for 10K before she let go so at least I had some fun. Now the motor is fixed and ready for the re-install. The Manley rod took the hit without flinching.

This time round I did not want to chance another bolt letting go so I decided to do the safety wire thing but driling 11 7MM bolts got old and I'd rather not have all that wire in there so I figured I'd give the guys at Stage 8 a call. I've used their header fasteners before and know they will stay put and they were willing to help me out. I sent them new bolts and they made me some custom lockers ($60) so I should be able to sleep at night.

BTW: I have the same (lower) setup as the L's so this might be an issue to look out for. The Lightning service manual states the 11 intercooler bolts need to be replaced if they are ever removed...

-Scott

FRANKENCOUGIE
    1994 Cougar, Renagade Racing Built motor,

2001 Cobra 4.6 short block: (Manley rods, Balanced & Blueprinted, Custom CP Forged Pistons, Moly rings, Bored .020 over, Polished and chamfered Cobra crank, Copper/Lead Rod Bearings, 7296M Main Bearings, Victor Reinz Head Gaskets,
    ARP Head Studs, mains and rod bolts, FRPP high vol oil pump)
    1999 PI 2V heads: (CNC ported and polished, SS valves, ModMax Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers,
    and a 3 angle VJ)
    Last edited by Big Scott; 06-02-2004 at 08:38 AM.

Good write up Big Scott! Thanks for the info, and I will be prowling around the engine bay tonight checking everything!

Thanks!,

Chris
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: