Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

15k miles on a s/c bad idea?

Thread: 15k miles on a s/c bad idea?

SCH Member

15k miles on a s/c bad idea?

Hey i found a 15k miled novi 2000, powerpipe, blow off valve and injectors, should i stay away from it since its got 15k or would that not matter?

Depends on the price. If it's well maintained 15,000 miles is nothing really. If it were me, I wouldn't pay more than half of what the cost of a new kit costs. Used is used. As usual though it's buyer beware.

Was the cog setup ever used?

Ian

SCH Member
    i forgot to add it comes with a cog setup but i would sell/trade that since im a stock motor.

Yes but was the cog installed on the blower?

Ian

SCH Member
    yea it was ill ask him how long ago was it installed

andrew

Andrew..I think I would pass unless it is cheap. How much does he want?

Ian

SCH Member
    well right now its at 1130......with less than a day on it ...

Junior SCH Member
    Looks like it has the stock pullies PLUS the cog set up... Looks like a fair deal... but as always, protect yourself when buying over the net. Paypal, Postal MO ect ect...

Is this the one were talking about?

If it is, I wouldn't touch it. For one it doesn't even have the good brackets like the current kit which means one of two things: That he converted a Vortech bracket to make it fit, or he bought this Novi before Paxton was making the Mustang kit which was quite some time ago. Either way, the brackets are **** and flex like crazy, which is why it has that retarded looking brace going to the intake. Can you say tossed belts? I'll bet that thing gets close to $2000 in bidding as there are a lot of dumb *** bidders who don't research stuff properly and will only look at the fact that "Hey, I'm saving $800 vs buying it new, plus I'm getting injectors and a power pipe. Bonus dude!" without fully realizing what they are getting into. He's selling a 20 lb cog set with it and from the Pics in the ad (not the one above) that is already installed means it's been worked hard for who knows how many miles.

Bottom line is: It's your money and it's not my place to tell you how to spend it. But if you didn't have doubts you wouldn't have asked so I gave my opinion. I just don't want to see a member of our board buy something that he could regret getting later which is highly possible here, just in the interest of saving money. Saving money is a good thing, but don't be cheap. I hear it from people all the time about trying to do blowers for as little cash outlay as possible and my response is always the same: The words "Cheap" and "Supercharged" don't go together. Doing a blower car right costs a lot of money and there is just no way around that so either pay or don't play. Sorry for being so blunt, but thats just the way it is.

SCH Member
    Originally posted by TheHawk05
    Is this the one were talking about?

If it is, I wouldn't touch it. For one it doesn't even have the good brackets like the current kit which means one of two things: That he converted a Vortech bracket to make it fit, or he bought this Novi before Paxton was making the Mustang kit which was quite some time ago. Either way, the brackets are **** and flex like crazy, which is why it has that retarded looking brace going to the intake. Can you say tossed belts? I'll bet that thing gets close to $2000 in bidding as there are a lot of dumb *** bidders who don't research stuff properly and will only look at the fact that "Hey, I'm saving $800 vs buying it new, plus I'm getting injectors and a power pipe. Bonus dude!" without fully realizing what they are getting into. He's selling a 20 lb cog set with it and from the Pics in the ad (not the one above) that is already installed means it's been worked hard for who knows how many miles.

Bottom line is: It's your money and it's not my place to tell you how to spend it. But if you didn't have doubts you wouldn't have asked so I gave my opinion. I just don't want to see a member of our board buy something that he could regret getting later which is highly possible here, just in the interest of saving money. Saving money is a good thing, but don't be cheap. I hear it from people all the time about trying to do blowers for as little cash outlay as possible and my response is always the same: The words "Cheap" and "Supercharged" don't go together. Doing a blower car right costs a lot of money and there is just no way around that so either pay or don't play. Sorry for being so blunt, but thats just the way it is.
    yes it is, thanks for the info i told him 1200 eariler and last night i told him not too becasue i had doubts. but thank for your input, yea im trying to find one for around 1800-2100 ish but not to many people sell their novis compared to vortech.