Thread: Newbie w/ P1SC2 have ?'s

Junior SCH Member

Question Newbie w/ P1SC2 have ?'s

I'm a nitrous guy new to the blower world. Just picked up a P1SC kit (complete) and was wondering what you guyz think of this blower (good and bad)???

I run 12.4's @ 109mph on a 125 shot, stock heads and cam w/ mods in sig. I'm Installing a F-cam, MSD Distributor, new T-chain, and Edelbrock 6037's this weekend and will let her rip one more time on the squeeze before installing the blower. Besides an intercooler (will get one when I have the cash), what else should I get for a smooth running, relaible street blower car? Planning to stick with 8lbs for now, but eventually wanna hit 10-12lbs or more if possible while maintaining streetability. Any ideas on what to do and what not to do??? I'm a rookie with blowers so any help will be much appreciated! Thanks alot!!!
    92 Calypso LX
    Stock bottom, T-5, 10# P-1SC2, GT40 upper/lower, 65mm Throttle Body, Performer heads (6037's), F-cam, 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8" cermamic shorties, O/R H, dumped 2-chambers, 3.73`s, MSD 6 AL and coil, 30#'s, Pro-M Blowthrough MAF, 255 in tank, ATI FMU, MMP 1/2" Rails w/ Aeromotive Boost sensitive Regulator.

Dyno: untuned 10* timing 361 RWHP / 377 RWTQ, A/F was 10.0 from 3200 - 5000 rpm when we let-off. 4#'s of boost and some belt slip. Need a damn tune but, nowhere to tune here!!!

You should be in good shape... just make sure you have everything lined up correctly, check the pulley alignment and you should be good. That kit should work out really well and you should be very happy with it. If you can get the car dyno tuned after you install, that would definitely be the best thing you could do for it to make it streetable, reliable, and powerfull. Good luck.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Got the heads and cam installed tonight and finish her up tomorrow. One last time at the track this weekend on the squeeze (should be in the 11's) and then the blower goes in!!!!
    92 Calypso LX
    Stock bottom, T-5, 10# P-1SC2, GT40 upper/lower, 65mm Throttle Body, Performer heads (6037's), F-cam, 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8" cermamic shorties, O/R H, dumped 2-chambers, 3.73`s, MSD 6 AL and coil, 30#'s, Pro-M Blowthrough MAF, 255 in tank, ATI FMU, MMP 1/2" Rails w/ Aeromotive Boost sensitive Regulator.

Dyno: untuned 10* timing 361 RWHP / 377 RWTQ, A/F was 10.0 from 3200 - 5000 rpm when we let-off. 4#'s of boost and some belt slip. Need a damn tune but, nowhere to tune here!!!

Nice man, let us know how it goes.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Well had some problems. Blew the teeth of the lower gear on the timing set on initial start up (don't buy Edelbrock timing sets). Put the stock gears and new chain back on and fired her up to a massive exhaust leak from the flow tubes. I installed BBK cermamic shorties and O/R H that day also. Buddy of mine said they'll work with my stock flow tubes (he was wrong) couldn't get her to seal. So I called Summit up and ordered up a Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back, battery relocation kit (for the ATI install), and MSD Boost Timing Master. When the cat-back gets here I can finally get the car timed and head to the track to see what kind of improvement the cam, heads, and exhaust will net me.

Damn I can't wait to get the blower on!!!!
    92 Calypso LX

Junior SCH Member
    Well 1 shakedown run after the H/C install and she went 11.86 @ 117. 3 weeks ago. Spun 1st and 2nd, short shifted into 3rd and she rolled from there. Cannot run till I put a bar in her so am now ready for the P1SC-2 install. Got 30#'s, Pro-M MAF for ATI's, Aeromotive fuel rail kit, MSD BTM, and batt. relocation kit. Just need the damn time for install!!! Wish me luck...
    92 Calypso LX

Again, good luck! Let us know how it goes, sounds like you've got quite a bit of work cut out for you, but I think it will make all the difference in the world with your car.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST