Thread: 1FUN TOY gets some help from VORTECH - T-Trim here come the 9's

1FUN TOY gets some help from VORTECH - 'here come the 9's

Hat's off to IAN for supplying a great board!

He also thought it couldn't be done, but I'm starring at a polished T-Trim from VORTECH Bro so project MILD 2 WILD 'is on' for 1FUN TOY this fall.

Great to be able to get over on the board here and pick up some interesting info. First thing I noticed was the times most of you are running with your combo's. From what I was told with a solid motor and T-trim 9's we're a given, especially with a nip of the funny stuff

Talked to Joe a few weeks back we've decided to go with a 331-332 T-trim'd, stroked Dart block, Scat 4340 crank and rods.. Full Crane Cams internals, Spyder intake, Dart heads, Nitrous Express kit, Pro M 83, Anderson Power pipe, Accufab 80 TB and 50lb injectors and dual T-Rex fuel pumps

Will be going with either Lentech, Performance Automatics or Art Car, AOD whoever's most interested. Aluminum driveshaft, Moser 33 axles, Auburn 33 spool so my question is

is it enough?

Joe said without question we're there with motor T-trim and a straight 50 shot from NX if we go AOD, and who can argue with Joe DaSilva 'besides' John Nobile L!

Cheers!
    Spenc
    www.2koolperformance.com
    Worlds Largest 5.0 Fox Body Gallery
    Last edited by Spenc2u; 06-04-2004 at 08:29 PM.

9secgt Nice #'s there with 22lbs of boost.

on your comments :

I agree, but that's what 'THE MAN' said and how can you argue with Joe?

I've called around the last few days and everyone is pretty much in the same boat, saying 60-70lb'rs minimum to run 9's with the rest of the combo?

Would it be possible he'll jam up the boost to like the T-Trim's limits seeing we're going with the DART block?

How about the PRO M 83 as it's already on the way? The 80TB ?

As Ian knows I had planned on a 351 block to go 408 til I had met with Joe in the spring. He thought we could get there easily with the T-trim and a 332 and a straight 50 shot of nitrous?

I may have to call back....
    Last edited by Spenc2u; 06-07-2004 at 09:39 PM.

Talked to DSS about this combo again today. They said 9's no problem as the guy's in NMRA/FUN FORD 'renegade' class? are going into the 8's with 306's

Perhaps Joe has some tricks up his sleeve as most of these big national guy's I'm talking to are saying "no problem", you'll be there easy with that combo as the T trim will get you there alone with a 331.... plus you have nitrous to back it up

How bout it Ian.... you and that awsome 'Black Grim Reeper' against me and lil 1FUN TOY at the track in 2005? you up for it? L! I've already got Mike Ogilvie ( Ogilvie's Motorsports - wicked bunch of guys if you need any work done) interested in getting his show car into the mix next year.

Junior SCH Member
    I just went 9.79 yesterday in 87 degree humid heat at Norwalk.

That's with 14psi of T-trim boost only. It sees over 20 in colder weather with a fresh belt. This is just a slightly stroked 302 with TW heads. I would bet money on 9.6x's with just the t-trim. I'll throw a 75hp shot at it after that.

That's Great! Just got the Twisted Wedge Track Heat's ( non o ring ) in last week for project MILD 2 WILD. With the heads on the 331 with the T Trim and nitrous.. even my 'show boat' should see 9's in 2005. L!

Looks like some 'major' help as well is coming for a racing C4 'woo hoo'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spenc2u; 07-31-2004 at 09:24 AM.