Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Pics of Novi 1000 install on 89GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Novi 1000 install on 89GT

SCH Member

Pics of Novi 1000 install on 89GT

Here are some pics of the Novi installed on my cousins 89 GT. Had alot of difficulties with the install but it seems to work nice. Even after clocking the SC it hit the hood. Had to take the blanket off plus dent in some of the hood supports to clear the SC and the oil feed line. The alternator and smog eliminator did not line up the greatest either. Overall the SC unit itself and the brackets are VERY beefy. I love the tensioner and the 8 rib pulley setup. Not anywhere as easy an isntall as my Powerdyne was for sure. We are going to be isntalling a UPR power pipe as soon as we get a larger elbow for it. Seeing 5lbs at 5000-5200 with stock airbox now.

1993 Mustang LX
    Reef Blue, 5spd, too much to list!

1993 Mustang GT SOLD :(
    Powerdyne BD-11A w/9lb pulley,AOD->T-5 swap, MAC 1 5/8 shorties, MAC ProChamber, MAC catback,Pro 5.0 shifter, stock 3.27's, SPEC Stage II,and all else stock!

12.774@111.147 with a 1.90 60ft on Nittos and 3000 rpm launch :)

I am seriously thinking about trying one of those plastic powerpipes myself.

Install looks pretty damn good.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

SCH Member
    Looks good! You had the SAME EXACT problems I did (alternator and smog eliminator not lining up just right), (hood still barely touched the oil feed line even after reclocking). Took me a bit to get my driveability where I like it, but it is starting to be worth all the hassle. I just uploaded a few pics of my car and motor bay. I just installed the UPR powerpipe too. Make SURE you tyell them you need a 4" elbow, otherwise they will send you the wrong one. Here's my motor bay looking similar to yours and with the powerpipe:

1989 LX Coupe
    Novi 1000, FMS/Bosch 42#'s, GT40 irons, GT40 intake, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 65mm T/B, 1.7 rockers, stock cam, MAC longtubes, MAC prochamber, flowmasters welded in stock pipes, T5z, 3.73 gears.

Best ET: 12.55
    Best MPH: 115.2

SCH Member
    Looks good! I still have not fixed the idle problems yet. It is fine after it runs for a few minutes. EVerytime it is shut off it idles like crap again when you start it. He already had got the UPR power pipe a few weeks ago when he ordered all the other parts so he neds a new elbow. I had no idea at the time it would have 4 " inlet on the SC.

BTW....the car has 157,000 miles on it...but it is VERY clean for the mileage and runs REAL strong! Previous best was a 13.98@100.1 with just 3.27 gears, h-pipe, catback, and pulleys. Car is fast..I could not rteally pull on him last night when we raced from a light. I had my g/f with me though and a full tank of gas vs. him alone and almost empty. We also put a new T-5Z tranny in too among other things.
    1993 Mustang LX

Powerdyne BD-11A w/9lb pulley,AOD->T-5 swap, MAC 1 5/8 shorties, MAC ProChamber, MAC catback,Pro 5.0 shifter, stock 3.27's, SPEC Stage II,and all else stock!

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBlueCoupe
    Looks good! You had the SAME EXACT problems I did (alternator and smog eliminator not lining up just right), (hood still barely touched the oil feed line even after reclocking). Took me a bit to get my driveability where I like it, but it is starting to be worth all the hassle. I just uploaded a few pics of my car and motor bay. I just installed the UPR powerpipe too. Make SURE you tyell them you need a 4" elbow, otherwise they will send you the wrong one. Here's my motor bay looking similar to yours and with the powerpipe:

So you have some better pics of your bypass lines and stuff? I put my Bosch bypass that came with my SC kit on his car for now until he can get a better one. Really want ot get that power pipr on though! How good does it work? What kind of gains have you got?
    1993 Mustang LX

SCH Member
    It works great. I don't know about gains yet, but I will be headed to the track Wednesday hopefully. Let me go downstairs and take some pics of the bypass setup for you...

SCH Member
    Here are a couple quick pics of the bypass setup I have:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EricBlueCoupe; 06-06-2004 at 06:31 PM.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBlueCoupe
    Here are a couple quick pics of the bypass setup I have:

Thanks! Thats kinda how I have his but with stock Novi inlet. Ddi you have to use a 90 degree elbow to go into the UPR pipe? It looked to me like the place to hook the bypass hose on was going to end up facing down..but I may have had the pipe in the wrong place.
    1993 Mustang LX

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSBLK93GT
    Thanks! Thats kinda how I have his but with stock Novi inlet. Ddi you have to use a 90 degree elbow to go into the UPR pipe? It looked to me like the place to hook the bypass hose on was going to end up facing down..but I may have had the pipe in the wrong place.
    Yes, I had to use a ninety degree fitting at the powerpipe. This is what it looked like before I installed it:

Kind of hard to see it, but I have a ninety there and it seems to work ok :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1989 LX Coupe
    Novi 1000, FMS/Bosch 42#'s, GT40 irons, GT40 intake, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 65mm T/B, 1.7 rockers, stock cam, MAC longtubes, MAC prochamber, flowmasters welded in stock pipes, T5z, 3.73 gears.

Best ET: 12.55
    Best MPH: 115.2

SCH Member
    Thanks again!
    1993 Mustang LX

Junior SCH Member
    Hey how long did the install take
    I just bought a Novi 1000 and will be installing it next week.
    Any advise? Tips or tricks?

Junior SCH Member
    Just bought a used Novi 1000!

This will be my first blower. The only thing that the kit is missing is the Bung for the Oil pan. What size is it and where can I get one?

Also any tips for tapin the oil pan :(

SCH Member
    The install took about a day (working on and off) or so. I could do it in a few hours at this point, but I didn't know how the brackets were and all that. The oil pan is easier than I expected. When you bought it, did the previous owner give you the punch tool to open up the hole in the oil pan?

Geno, the bung for the pan is 3/8" NPT, you'll also need to pick up a 3/8" NPT tap...any decent hardware store will have both in the plumbing section. As far as the punch goes, not sure where you could actually source that from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Can you drill or should you just use a punch?