Thread: 96 + cobra guys need some HELP! Just put my blower on and won't idle.

Junior SCH Member

96 + cobra guys need some HELP! Just put my blower on and won't idle.

Ok so I got everything installed and once the adaptive learning on the stock computer kicks in the car will not hold an idle. Goes up down, up down, and finaly will die.

I have mail order sct chip in the car that I was hoping would be able to get me to the dyno tuners shop. One thing I noticed is the fuel pressure is at like 38-39 psi at idle with the vacuum on. With the vacuum off it's around 40. My fuel system is a 281 lph aviator pump in my tank and a 255 walbro inline. I've checked around for vacuum leaks on the intank and didn't find any. I sprayed some carb cleaner around the intake but nothing happened. I'm running 42# injectors with the new pro-M pro soultions mas air. The IAC hose is hooked up after the mas air so I really don't know why the car is not working.... could it soly be a tunning issue? Or should I triple check for a vacuum leak?

Any help is a big help, I need to try to drive this car to the dyno tuner like this.

thanks

REcheck for a vac leak. Is the MAF a blow thru (mounted after the blower) or a draw thru (mounted before the blower)?

Also, did you disconnect the battery during installation???? This must be done so the PCM will recognize the new MAF.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok I just took the intake off, put it back on, no vacuum leaks at all and it still doesn't want to idle...... I'm stumped!

Yea the mas air is setup in blow through right before the throttle body.

Yes I also disconnected the battery during the install. It seems as the adaptive PCM starts to work the car starts to have a huge problem trying to idle.

Will the car run if I pull the chip out? Maybe the chip is wayyyy off.... I talked to my tuner and he said that's what it sounds like....

oh well guess I have to rent a tralior to get to the dyno... doeh!

When I first installed my s-trim on my 85 Gt, it took about 15 mins before it started to idle properly. For about the first 5-10 mins, i had to raise the idle manually (touch the gas pedal) so it wouldn't stall.

I would disconnect the battery again, then remove the chip. Then try and get the idle to hold. You might have to manually hold the idle around 1000-1200 rpms for the first few minutes.

Yeah try pulling the chip out to see what happens. It's very possible.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    The car has a harder time starting but fires up without the chip.

It starts to idle fine for 5 mins and then the idle blips up and down and it dies...

Oh well... should be on the dyno next week.