Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ysi help

Junior SCH Member

42 lb injectors

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    Good point, I didn't specify that I was not running an FMU.
    ...i dont have a fmu..i have a paxton external pump...i have 42 lb injectors with 10 lb of boost..it made 520 rwhp and they told me to stop on the dyno, started to lean out...should i go to a 60 lb injector? i am only going to run 10 lb of boost for now....will the 42 lb injectors cover 520 rwhp....thanks alot, curtis also should i have a chip burned for the car,,it is a 91 lx with a 393 stroker..i am also running 93 octane fuel...will higher octane fuel help....

Junior SCH Member

42 lb injectors

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    My 42's worked with an FMU with about 520 rwhp. I now have 60's
    ..i made 520 rwhp with 42 lb injectors with 10 lb of boost....the dyno guy made me stop at 520 rwhp because of the 42 lb injectors...for now i am only goimng to run 10 lb of boost...will the 42 lb injectors be enough? should i get a chip burned for my 91 lx also? i am running 93 octane fuel...would higher octane help on the lean condition? got any help on what i need to do..i dont have a fmu either..just a paxton external pump...thanks, curtis

Do you have stock fuel rails or aftermarket. Stock fuel lines or -08 AN SS. The fuel pump, what does it flow. Sounds like the fuel system is more of the problem not so much the injectors.

I had a wledon 2015 pump -10 AN and -08 AN line to the FMU then vortech fuel rails, into 42# injectors and the return had a weldon regulator and -06 AN SS lines. This is a stought fuel system. It supported my s-trim with 13psi and low 500's rwhp. The only change I had to make to suppot my now 20 psi and 67x's rwhp is remove the FMU and add 60# ers.

So a new fuel system may be in order for you. ($$$) However, you may get by with 60's but you may have some idle isuues or start ups with the set up??
    The dyno guy will know best. As for fuel, I would tune on 104 or 110. Use the BTM at 3 on the street and run 94 or a mix of 94 and the 104/110. Any track use fill up with the 104/110.

I ran 110 most of the time. Just idles better and less worries of bad gas. And for the extra $2/ gallon, for a $10,000 motor it is woth it. I would ocasionally use 50/50 mix. Just depends.

I have no issues with idling, start up or driving. But I have a good fuel system.

Junior SCH Member

help

My 42's worked with an FMU with about 520 rwhp. I now have 60's
    .. I GOT MY 60 LB INJECTORS AND NEW MASS AIR IN TODAY AND IT IS REALY RUNNING RICH...MY FUEL PRESSURE IS SET ON 45 WITH VACUM OFF..I GUESS I NEED TO HAVE A CHIP BURNED TO LEAN IT OUT ON START UP ON BOTTOM END AND CURVE THE FUEL MIXTURE TO RUN RICHER ON TOP END...THE DYNO GUY CANT TUNE IT FOR TWO WEEKS...I WAS WANTING TO DRIVE IT NEXT WEEK AROUND TOWN....BUT I DONT WANT TO FOUL OUT THE PLUGS...DOES IT HAVE TO RUN A WHILE FOR THE STOCK COMPUTOR TO ADJUST IT SOME? OR CAN I TURN THE FUEL PRESSURE DOWN TO HELP IT FROM RUNNING SO RICH..GOT ANY HELP...393 STROKER WITH 10 LB OF BOOST...THANKS, CURTIS MY E-MAIL IS CURTIS@INETGENESIS.COM

My mass air was calibrted for 42 lb injectors. Why ?? The dyno guys said so!! But it runs great on the street, idles very smooth with solid mount and makes good HP.

My mass air was calibrted for 42 lb injectors. Why ?? The dyno guys said so!! But it runs great on the street, idles very smooth with solid mount and makes good HP.
    Blownby, Don't forget Lido tricks the computer to think it has 60 Ib injectors. He likes the mass air meter to be cal. with 42's,so he can tune the drivablity for the street.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com