Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 306ci YS-trim 450fhp?

Junior SCH Member

306ci YS-trim 450fhp?

Hello there, i was just wondering if you think this YS-trim is too big for what i want. i already have the s/c. i have 306ci with gt40 cast iron heads, e303 cam with 1.72rr's, long tube headers, gt40 upper and lower intake 65mm TB and 75mm pro-m MAF. i want around 450hp with this s/c. will i be able to do that.. i still need to get pistons so i havent figured out what the c/r is going to be yet. Will i even get this s/c to produce that low of boost and how much boost and compression u think i need to produce 450hp out of this combo?? im gonna have to get a chip too

The YS will be on holiday making this kind of power but in my opinion this is a good thing.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    so u think i will be able to use it?? someone told me i couldnt get the boost low enuff with that thing..lowest it will go is like 16psi..i duno.....like its not good for my combo or something

Junior SCH Member
    i plan on running the YSI on even a smaller less pissed off motor the stock pulleys i think make around 16 psi ? im sure you could get a smaller 8 rib crank pulley to make less boost ? im gonna try the ysi with cometic head gaskets and mucho boost on a stock headed stock long block deal
    ill let you know what happends

Actually you can order a pulley off ian to slow the blower if you need to. You can order what ever size you need.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    so...the blower will work or not??? or will i see it kicking in only at higher rpms? i can actually get it to like 8lbs? maybe 10 whatever i need to get 450hp...

It will work, but may not be producing the best numbers compared to a smaller blower. usually your low end will suffer. I ran the 8" and 3" pullies the YSI came with on a 351 and made 16 psi at 6,000RPM. You could use a 3.33 pulley to slow it down. It will work just not the best. But if you have it use it.
    Plus the YS is less agressive than the YSI. GO FOR IT.

I have hyper pistons and two bolt main and am running 20 psi with a conservative tune and thus far all seems well. Not i have a good fuel system. All weldon, 60 injectors and ss lines.

You should be fine with your setup and 14-16 psi with 3.33 pulley.

Junior SCH Member
    yeah but wouldnt that give me more than 450hp...i pretty much have stock bottom end except for forged pistons and some stronger rods. so i dont want to go much past that.

DUDE you will be good to go with the extra power. I have a sportsman motor with all stock internals except for the Lunati cam. Hyper pistons and two bolt main. I am maiking 670's rwhp, made 530'srwhp on the s-trim for 3 years before. All is good.

I just put my BTM at 3 on the street and turn it up at the track. I have a conservative tune so as not to squeze every last drop of power out and detonate a piston. If you have forged pistons, run the 3" pulley get hi 500's rwhp with a conservative tune and you will be making the power for a long time to come on the motor.

Junior SCH Member
    on a stock bottom end? except for pistons. what rpms u think it will boost up at? i dont have anyone to tune it over here.. all i can do is get a chipp burned.

Junior SCH Member
    did i mention this is my daily driver on pump gas 93 octane. what c/r?

Yup 100%, remember, the blower isn't making any power if your foot is not in it.
    So you will be putting around town making 150-200 hp normally. The big power won't come untill 4,500 and up. I still get ~13-14miles/ gallon with my foot in it 50% of the time. The beauty of a blower. The psi was 16 at 6,000 RPM.

Keep you shift point 6,000 ish at the track and you should be fine. Keep your shift point on the street in the 5,000 RPM range. I put mine at 5,400 and rev limiter at 6,000.

Again the blower is bigger than you need but you got so use it. Unlesss you can sell it for an S-trim and make a few bucks. But sooner or later you will want the bigger power.

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i need something that will come in lower rpms....i will probably be shifting at 5500-6000

Junior SCH Member
    i make 300fhp on motor just alone :P

You'll be good to go. Keep me informed, or ask me with any more questions. It is tough if you don't have some buddies who really know what is going on. I am fortunate to have a gruop of friends who have been doing this longer than me. A few of them are running in the mid and low 8's. One bud is 8.50's on Drag Radials. A few others in the 10's 11's and up.

Keep me informed on your progress.

Steve