Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Big?

Senior SCH Member
    Here are the two compressor maps.

ys-trim:
    http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...-trim_map.html

s & t-trim:
    http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...-trim_map.html

First the impeller speed has to be calculated. It can be done here: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...pspeedv-1.html

At 12lbs of boost the S-trim is more efficient than the ys-trim.

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by ROCKET91
    Once I had the YS at 16lbs, it was like a different blower, it pulled so much harder.
    Err ahh..At 16 psi, I'll bet it did pull alot harder :D ...

So ray95... Judging by the maps..And their efficiency ranges.. Would it be safe to say that at 12 lbs of boost, an S-Trim will blow "cooler" than a YS at 12 lbs..But...At 16 lbs, a YS-Trim will blow "cooler" than a S-Trim at 16 lbs.. That is what efficiencies are all about, arn't they ???
    Jeff
    1500 Kenne-Bell
    11.66 @ 119.84
    1.69 60' on BFG's
    Building: 383 Windsor
    with a T-76 Outlaw Turbo

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Bellman Jeff
    Err ahh..At 16 psi, I'll bet it did pull alot harder :D ...

So ray95... Judging by the maps..And their efficiency ranges.. Would it be safe to say that at 12 lbs of boost, an S-Trim will blow "cooler" than a YS at 12 lbs..But...At 16 lbs, a YS-Trim will blow "cooler" than a S-Trim at 16 lbs.. That is what efficiencies are all about, arn't they ???
    That's my understanding of things. I'll verify this and let you know.

SCH Member
    Guys what I really wanta know and maybe the road runner etc can answer is on the average motor thats a regular bolt on motor does the YS renegade kit make for boost VS rpm (6000rpm ceiling)???? I mean average by the general 220ish cam and edelbrock or tfs tw head package with long runner intake with no porting. It does not matter to me what it makes above this because I no spinny the motor to 7000rpm. Just wondering if its a good street car choice:)

Thanks guys

Hmmm

It is a good choice depending on what you have in mind when you say street. Daily driver I would say no. I will run my YS on the street (limited), but I am after a 9 sec street machine. How fast do you want to go?
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

SCH Member
    Anyone have actual boost numbers though for an average combo? is it 15 or 16 or 18 or 21

Junior SCH Member
    Well, by 6500 with the 8/3" pulleys, it is spinning 59,800rpm, which is right at max efficiency. My plan is to shif my car at 6200-ish and run it out the back door to 6500 if I have to. I am looking for 16-18# with my combo, but boost numbers will change with Heads, cam, and intake. I am running a set ov Victor Jr Heads, with a B4 Cam(on 1.7 RR's), and a Systemax, the heads flow up to 295/215@600, so I am looking for some nvery good numbers from this combo.
    Ron Turransky
    Silly ricers, cars are for grown-ups.
    88 Saleen Hatch-306 5 sp
    92 LX Coupe 347 T-Trim/C-4 /Blah,Blah,Blah
    NMRA REN#4150
    NMRA SSO#8