Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Non SC D-1 question

Thread: Non SC D-1 question

Junior SCH Member

Non SC D-1 question

Hey all, my next purchase is a blower and i have been looking seriously at the D-1's. I would rather go with the oil fed D-1 but after viewing the thread showing 1/2 the aprin being cut out, thats not somethin i want to do to my car. i do no have a/c, i do have p/s, is it neccisary to mount the oil fed d-1 basically inside the fenderwell or is that just due to the a/c. Also, im a big fan of loud blowers that is partly my reason for looking into the oil fed d-1, if i only run the p/s pump will i still have to cut into the car? thanks everyone
    *90 LX Hatch -306 eagle Rods JE/SRP Fully Balanced W/Romac Damper Comp XE274 AFR 185's spring upgrade titanium retainers Harland Sharp1.6 TFS Track Heat Pro-m75mm BBK70mm 24'lb Injectors Southside UCA's Pro3i LCA's w/weight Jackers wild rides battle boxes Mac Longtube's Dr Gas X pipe Flow's UPR shifter 309RWHP & 311 RWTQ
    D-1 Procharger coming soon
    *87 GN
    *92 Talon TSi
    *01 Ram Sport QC 4x4

ProCharger makes a kit to move the P/S over to the pass side so you can use the renegade brackets. The renegade brackets bring the head unit close to the head, brackets are very strong and much better looking IMHO.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    awesome thats just what i wanted to hear. thanks alot ian, this was my first post and i got a quick reply, good site here. thanks
    *90 LX Hatch -306 eagle Rods JE/SRP Fully Balanced W/Romac Damper Comp XE274 AFR 185's spring upgrade titanium retainers Harland Sharp1.6 TFS Track Heat Pro-m75mm BBK70mm 24'lb Injectors Southside UCA's Pro3i LCA's w/weight Jackers wild rides battle boxes Mac Longtube's Dr Gas X pipe Flow's UPR shifter 309RWHP & 311 RWTQ
    *87 GN
    *92 Talon TSi
    *01 Ram Sport QC 4x4

You are very welcome :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    So basically when i order a kit i should get the renegade bracket d-1 kit? If i tell them i am not running A/c they will probably advise me to go with the p/s relocation and the renegade bracket. Also, ian on your old procharger set up you had the filter in the fender, does it come like that from ati or is it an open element above the headers? and would my 75mm Pro m be allright for a little while or will i have to switch direcly to a univer? My buddy had a f-1 charged car w/a 75mm bullet and a race bypass but i never knew if a new meter would have helped him or not changed anything. Thanks
    *87 GN
    *92 Talon TSi
    *01 Ram Sport QC 4x4

They should suggest the renegade brackets and the P/S relocation. If they dont just ask for it.

With the renegade kit ProCharger puts the filter right into the fender. The 75MM would be fine for sure.

When you are ready to order give Dave @ www.jdsperformance.com a call. He has been friends with the ProCharger guys for years now, they even came out to inspect his shop - great pricing and service as well.

Ian

SCH Member
    A guy over on www.midweststangs.com just installed the renengade brackets and p/s relocation kit on his '92 GT, with an oil fed D-1.

His screen name on www.midweststangs.com is Blown92GT.

Jermey
    1990 Mustang GT
    N/A 302 - FTI Combo

Senior SCH Member
    Here are some pics of back when I used to a P1SC with renegade brackets. These pictures are rarely posted as I am ashamed that I ever owned a Procharger.

They are in the photo gallery. I posted them but I can't actually view them since it says that I am not registered. Something is wrong with my cookie setup as I have to re-login every time I visit.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    Ok sounds good, also, when i use the renegade brackets does that mean no intercooler? because i see many with the discharge tube going strait to the t/b, i would liek to use the intercoller but is that not possible with the renegade brackets? thanks
    *87 GN
    *92 Talon TSi
    *01 Ram Sport QC 4x4

I was using a 3 core sheetmetal with mine - no problems at all. ProCharger can make a kit with an intercooler for just about anything.

Ian