Thread: New to the vortech world

New to the vortech world

this question has been asked before i'm sure, but i can't seem to find the info myself. is the v-2 sq heavy duty or not, and which one is? would like to upgrade down the road. any help is always apreciated!
    Last edited by blueoval92; 06-20-2004 at 09:17 PM.
    Jorge

No the SQ is not a HD.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

thanks brent. i've noticed that the renegade kit with the ysi is fairly cheap,maybe i oughta just get that,could it be pullied to 12psi? i don't have the block for any more than that. is this the heavy duty s-trim part # 4fa218-040s? if i could use the ysi i would be saving alot of dough down the road, not to mention the hassle of selling the head unit or kit! then when it comes time to rebuild all i would need is a block. thanx-j.
    Jorge

No prob. Make sure the renegade setup is for pass side unless you're after a driver's side setup. The T-trim is supposed to have alot more low end response than teh YSI but i'd get the bigger blower if i were you.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

thanks brent, i'll check into the t-trim but i think the renegade will be the least expensive. and yes i was looking at the pass. side kit. thanx for the info and your time brent. i'm going 331 next build with the strongest block i can find,renegade might be ideal!! :D
    Last edited by blueoval92; 06-16-2004 at 06:07 PM.
    Jorge