Thread: ysi help

Junior SCH Member

ysi help

how much hp will my 42 lb injectors make with 10 lb of boost...how much hp are they good for? i think i might need 60 lb injectors..

Junior SCH Member
    any help...

Junior SCH Member

INJECTORS

ANY ONE RUNNING 42 LB INJECTORS WITH A YSI KIT...

Junior SCH Member
    first thing is why do you have a ysi if your only running 10lbs of boost. a smaller blower would help you out alot. bigger is not always better. 10lbs of boost w/ 42lbs. inj. will be fine check out pro-m.com they have a chart for hp ratings on diff. size inj.
    10.66 @125 w/ an a-trim

What are your motor specs?

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    I have made 550 RWHP with 42's. If you verify the math 42's are good to 700 RWHP if you have a PERFECT fuel system (rails, lines, etc) and run 70lbs of pressure. I would not go that far with 42's but it is theoretically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    ANY ONE RUNNING 42 LB INJECTORS WITH A YSI KIT...
    I went to 60lb injectors when I switched to the YSI from a s-trim. They make 60's now that don't require an driver.

BTW my 42's w/ an fmu worked with 530 rwhp. I just didn't want to chance the 42's on the ysi. Now have near 20 psi and 671 rwhp. Somewhat of a conservative tune with the ysi. I drive it mainly on the street and race a few times a summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RACERMO
    first thing is why do you have a ysi if your only running 10lbs of boost. a smaller blower would help you out alot. bigger is not always better. 10lbs of boost w/ 42lbs. inj. will be fine check out pro-m.com they have a chart for hp ratings on diff. size inj.
    I agree, I had to go to a 2.7 and 8 inch pulleys to get my YSI going compared to my s-trim with 6.87 & 2.95. A YSI and 10 psi may hurt you as opposed to a smaller blower or whatever you had before. Exspecially down low!! The 2.7 made a big difference. I may even opt for the 2.6 or 2.5.