Thread: JUST A QUICK ? FOR YOU GUYS...

SCH Member

JUST A QUICK ? FOR YOU GUYS...

Hi again, i just put my procharger on and had a quick ?. I set my fuel pressure to 42lbs, and my my timing at 10 degrees(stock) and it runs good but idles high(vacuums disconnected) but still makes crazy power but when i step on it and bring it past about 4K (which I dont like to b/c it is pullied for 14lbs on a stock motor) it lets out some white smoke and what looks like some carbon too. I dont know what is causing this and why. Can someone please tell me if this is ok? Thanks for all of your help guys!

SCH Member
    Now i am having another problem... when I am coasting at very low rpms my car seems to die out and I have to rev it up. Someone please help!!

SCH Member
    with that charger at that amount of boost# you will need a dyno tune !It is not just tune in your driveway! you must check your Afr asap before driving the car safetly, i know it sux but with great power comes great responsability! get a dyno tune and chip that you NEED with 42# injectors and you will love the mods you have made if not they can turn into a nightmare. some cars work good with no tune others need it through and through! It sounds to me as if you car is one of those through @ through cars.

SCH Member
    Thanks for all of your help!

SCH Member
    No prob, DId you do new plugs? Are they gapped at .035? Send me a list of your mods and I will pass on some dos and donts as I am going down the same path as you with the same charger and went through the hard part already and would be glad to help

SCH Member
    I still have the same plugs... should i get new ones? My mods are:
    cobra upper and lower, p600b & 3 core intercooler, stock heads, billet fpr, 42 pound frpp injectors, walbro 255, pro flow pro solutionss blow thru meter, and msd ignition(which just gave me some probs today so I think I will need a new one). Thanks for helping!

SCH Member
    ok get yourslef a set of autolight 24s they are one step colder than stock then gap them to .035 this will prevent spark blow-out! Next you will prob need a booster pump such as a t-Rex those 42# and a 255 arent enough for 14#s Let me know how that goes

SCH Member
    Are you sure that I need the other pump?? Because it seems to be getting enough fuel. Thanks