Thread: Novi 2000 question....need advice

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000 question....need advice

I have a Novi 2000 that has been mounted on my motor that has been on the engine stand for about 15 months....I am now putting it in the car and noticed that when I turn the pulley on the head unit I hear a slight noise like the impeller or something is touching something....I feel no drag or anything though. I called Paxton and they told me that it is probalbly due to the fact that all or the oil is at the bottom of the unit and not to worry about it. My question is should I worry? The kit is brand new and never ran...should I send the head unit back to be checked or take their advice and run it. Thanks for you opinion.

I would run it assuming you have the feed line and oil return hooked up correctly and it gets fed, the noise could be a number of things. Its hard to tell what sound you are talking about, there are a lot of parts that touch each other in that gear casing. If it was a scratching sound like the impeller was scratching the inner surface of the casing then thats one thing, otherwise if it hasn't been run I would go by Paxtons advice. Let it idle and get some oil on things, then if you want, pull the belt off and hand turn it with the engine off and see if you still hear the sound.