Thread: oil???

Junior SCH Member

oil???

when i run my car out in first second and start third gear my car will spill gray smoke out of the exhuast it only does it when i run really high rpm like 6000+ through all of first and second then when i hit third it starts to smoke and will smoke for about 6 seconds then it clears up and wont happen unless i do it again. Then today i popped the hood and it had blown oil out of my breather in the pass. side valve cover all over everything. what do you think could be causing this and what can i do to remedy it. i have a pcv valve from a TURBO coupe and a breather in the dr. valve cover and pass. valve cover the one in the dr. is just a push in type with baffle the one in pass side is a mr.gasket chrome breather filter.

Junior SCH Member
    Do you have the line going from your TB down into your valve cover? If so that's your issue.

Junior SCH Member
    no i dont have any lines going to my valve cover

Senior SCH Member
    Sounds like your rings are going and you are pushing boost past your rings and into the crankcase. If you think about it you spend longer in 3rd gear under boost so you are going to be pushing a larger quantity of air past the rings. I would suggest doing a leakdown test and see what your percentage of leakdown is.

Junior SCH Member
    it only happens when i enter third gear not while im in the gear its only when i shift that it will happen.

Senior SCH Member
    ARe you sure it is not going rich when you shift?
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    ARe you sure it is not going rich when you shift?
    it could be because i have a walbro 255LPH in tank pump with the stock pressure regualtor but im running the FMU will it still go rich like this i have the stock computer. now that i think of it it didnt do it untill i installed the pump ??????

Sounds like you are going rich. You need to install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and get it tuned on a dyno if you are able to get to one.

What size injectors are you running???

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    Sounds like you are going rich. You need to install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and get it tuned on a dyno if you are able to get to one.

What size injectors are you running???
    stock 19#