Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Is there and affordable alternative to the Vortech renegade support?

Thread: Is there and affordable alternative to the Vortech renegade support?

Junior SCH Member

Is there and affordable alternative to the Vortech renegade support?

I'm talking about the one that runs between the crank and blower pulley. I need one just don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Yeah I'm cheap.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by qwikstang
    I'm talking about the one that runs between the crank and blower pulley. I need one just don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Yeah I'm cheap.LOL
    Hey if you find one I dont won't to know. I spent the big bucks one one.
    www.superchargers4less.com was the lowest price. :(

Oops, by the way, I think they are definitly worth it. Take a look at my images. I have a pic of the setup.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply, You have a nice clean ride. I guess I'll have to let go of some money. I'm sure it's cheaper than a premature rebuild due to bearing wear.

Oh by the way, How are you tensioning your alt. belt? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks!
    John Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by qwikstang
    Thanks for the reply, You have a nice clean ride. I guess I'll have to let go of some money. I'm sure it's cheaper than a premature rebuild due to bearing wear.

Oh by the way, How are you tensioning your alt. belt? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks!
    John Wilson
    Or if the belt comes off and burns your hood, or cracks it if fiberglass!! OUCH

Hell ya I mind, LOL. I just put a one inch wrench on the alt. (lower left side) from the front of it, push up and tighten the bolt. I tighten form underneath by the pass wheel. The bolt is a locking bolt and that is it. I skipped using an idler pulley for simplicity. It has work fine. Be sure to get it tight, don't want it to come loose.

Steve

I have had 4 or 5 customers use the system and remove their braces as it was no longer needed. I am not sure what the brace is worth but the system is $269.99

Ian

I think mine was $375. Looks nice. Were these guys all running a cog setup? Your setup should help eliminate the bracket flex, but still no help on bearings.

By the way the bracket that comes with the YSI is thicker than the old brakets that came with the old setups. They are nice, but your has more shine and does look a little thicker. S & T trims per say.

Hi,

There were 2 cogs and 2 renegade 8 rib guys.

Thanks for the compliments :)

Ian

Them renegade guys, the last thing they are worried about is bearings. :)

A lot of other things go BOOM first. LOL

Yep they are a crazy bunch! One guy wanted 3 pulleys, 2 that he could tension and one as an idler LOL! He wants 20+ lbs from a 8 rib.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Yep they are a crazy bunch! One guy wanted 3 pulleys, 2 that he could tension and one as an idler LOL! He wants 20+ lbs from a 8 rib.

Ian
    I've heard of them torqing the belt to 200lbft. I have a 2.7 pulley 8 rib on my YSI and it makes 20 psi. But I'm only spinning to 6,000 RPM not 8,000.