Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "GOTTA GIVE A SHOUT"

"GOTTA GIVE A SHOUT"

Hey, as much as this HURTS, I gotta say thanks to mustang5069 and........atrimterror. (WHAH) Monday night while I was putting my rubber fingerprints in the local country roads, I seem to have developed some noisewith my 351. Being as I am fortunate to have a few buddies who have been around this hobby longer than me (yet still slower than me--LOL)I gave them a call.

Last night we narrowed the noise down to my quess of exhaust leak in the header gasket or collector and the two mentioned above with their more expertise quessed, the valve train may have been a litltle loose instead. Fortunatlly they were wrong, but I was right! WTF do you mean??

See by going into the valve cover we discovered, that all was well with the valve lash, yet one rocker seemed to move more than the others. We (they) discovered that a retaining clip had been sheared off a rocker. Trip to the local hardware at 7:30 and .25 cents later were back in business. Found half of the clip. The other half, I hope to find in the oil filter or stuck to the drain pulg. Will know this afternoon.

Put it back together. Still same noise there. Tinkered around more still no good. What the heck, I have an extra header gasket (back to my theroy), lets change it. Bingo problem solved.

So good thing they wanted to look at the valvetrain, otherwise that probably would have gone undetected untill something major gave way.

Any way thanks,to them,tonight I will be putting some smack down on mustang5069 and scarring atrimterror, Mr. Jackstand extrodinar, of the brutal beating to come this judgement day.

Milan tonight if anyone is intersted (regatee coupe) your time is coming too. :D in case you want to see the power.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Having personally had an oil pump lock up due to a very small metal part (valve cover spacer ring) getting sucked up through the nickel-sized hole in the pickup screen (why oh why is there a big hole in your pickup screens Ford?), I strongly suggest you find that chunk of metal without delay (unless you like rolling the dice, your problem is not solved).
    Chris

I can't make it tonite. I really want to go though......
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    I can't make it tonite. I really want to go though......
    Milan was closed due to a reserved party. Oh well!!

Gotblownby,If you knew what the problem was, why would you call mustan5069 and me to come over.Thats what I thought LOL. Second, running 1 tenth faster then me with 10 psi more, isn't going to scare me. Third, leave my boy regattacouple alone, he's a t-trim boy. P.S. As for judgement day, I have two things to hand out, lolipops and $ss whoopens, and I just ran out of lolipops
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Milan was closed due to a reserved party. Oh well!!
    I know you reserved the track, so you didn't have to face mustan5069 :D

Quote Originally Posted by atrimterror
    I know you reserved the track, so you didn't have to face mustan5069 :D

LOL PRICELESS!! :D

I can't wait to meet you guys....I'm gonna try to make fun ford @ norwalk..we'll see ..If not are there any cool events @ milan worth running in august or so?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

I can't wait to meet you guys....I'm gonna try to make fun ford @ norwalk..we'll see ..If not are there any cool events @ milan worth running in august or so?
    We have a love hate relationship. They love to "Player Hate" Me. It's all good.Hey, remember the name of the game is the first to the end of the track. Not the first to the end with the least amount of power. Again, for what I lack in Clicky Clicky, I make up in PURE RAW BRUTE GOOD OL' "HORSE POWER.":D

So maybe I did reserve the track last minute. I'm still the fastest of us. Anything is fair in war. I thought I'd give mustang5069 a chance by himself tonight to get close to me. So next week or at Fun Ford when he get those 27" tires he won't have any excusses.

Regatta--You better be there July 9-11. Done or not. It's still good to talk some smack. As if we don't do enough amongst us.

We have a love hate relationship. They love to "Player Hate" Me. It's all good.Hey, remember the name of the game is the first to the end of the track. Not the first to the end with the least amount of power. Again, for what I lack in Clicky Clicky, I make up in PURE RAW BRUTE GOOD OL' "HORSE POWER.":D

So maybe I did reserve the track last minute. I'm still the fastest of us. Anything is fair in war. I thought I'd give mustang5069 a chance by himself tonight to get close to me. So next week or at Fun Ford when he get those 27" tires he won't have any excusses.

Regatta--You better be there July 9-11. Done or not. It's still good to talk some smack. As if we don't do enough amongst us.
    DYNO QUEEN :D

We are camping out all weekend, So if you can, bring a tent.It's free to camp

I'll be there on the friday of fun ford but that evening I leave for a week on vacation. Very bad scheduling if i do say so. Maybe i can hook up with you guys that friday morning.

DYNO QUEEN :D
    Don't hate the player, Hate the Game!! LOL

We are camping out all weekend, So if you can, bring a
    tent.It's free to camp
    You like Pitching Those Tents, HUH

I'll be there on the friday of fun ford but that evening I leave for a week on vacation. Very bad scheduling if i do say so. Maybe i can hook up with you guys that friday morning.
    mustan5069 and me will be there friday. I'll have to work on dyno queen blownby to make sure that SHE'S there.Hell ha we can hook up.

You like Pitching Those Tents, HUH
    Ha when your my B@#ch