Thread: New here v2 and SQ same??

SCH Member

New here v2 and SQ same??

alright i overlooked some of the answers which i see yall get a lot so sorry if theres fustration now. I originally wanted a novi 2000 but looks like money so i will probaly end up with a Used Vortech. I need something thats quite and capable of the power like the novi 2000 if the SQ trim is anywhere near that. This is a daily driving 91 gt. Is the Strim(v2) is that just a nother name for SQ?
    also what kind of numbers are yall getting(dyno and track) on a stock 91 engine besides exhaust and fuel. thanks and any videos of a sq trim?

andrew

Senior SCH Member
    i went 12.22 @ 113 w/ the s-trim v-1 on the stock motor, exhaust, 3.73 and drag radials

car made 347 rwhp / 383 rwtq with a dyno tune, also had 30 lb injectors
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member
    Yes, to answer a part of your question, a V-2 SQ is the quiet version of the V-1 S-Trim. But not every V-2 is an S-Trim, nor is every SQ a V-2. Any quiet Vortech supercharger would have the SQ designation, along with a number (V-2, V-5, V-9, etc.)

The V-_ is not a clear-cut designation; because a V-1 could be an A-Trim, S-Trim, SC-Trim, or T-Trim; a V-2 could be an E-Trim, S-Trim, or an SC-Trim; a V-4 could be a J-Trim, X-Trim, XX-Trim, or a Z-Trim; a V-5 could be an F-Trim or a G-Trim; a V-7 could be a JT-Trim or a YS-Trim; and a V-9 could be an F-Trim or a G-Trim.

Hopefully this clears things up a little, and doesn't end up confusing you more.:D :D :D
    RACER X

Sales Rep. for Vortech Superchargers

Daily driver: '02 SVT Focus
    Weekend cruiser: 347c.i. powered 1993 Mustang GT (As seen in 2002 issue of MM&FF's Sexy Stangs)

My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes...