Thread: 351 buildup.....update

351 buildup.....update

I've all the parts I need to get my car on the road. I wired up my external battery dissconnect this weekend. Monday I'm gonna start on my shortblock assembly so I can order. I'm using a low deck 69 block that needed 10 thou off the deck(not that i knew that initially), I think my pistons are gonna land 17-22 thou out of the bore so i need a custom head gasket. I'm just gonna order a set of cometics and be done with it. Take 10 days for a custom gasket job and then i'll be ready to throw it together. I'll have some nice pics of the shortblock by mid week. For those who don't know know my combo here it is.

69 351 W Block and crank, with arp main studs and windage tray, Probe -22cc pistons, Eagle ESP rods with L19 bolts.
    Victor Jr heads untouched
    TFS R 351 intake untouched
    Comp 282 Extreme energy cam 232/240 @.050 565/574 lift 112* lobe sep
    Vortech T-trim with AFM pipe (sooner or later it'll be SCH-ized)
    3/4" HPM drop mounts cause I want to get this under the stock hood ;)

Here are my shortcomings I'm saddled with for this year. 255 intank pump, stock lines, SN-95 rails, 42lb injectors. As a result I'm gonna slide by and try to run a 3.33"/6.87" pulley combo for the rest of the year.

I'm hoping for 350 @ the tires

N/A :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Sweet Brent, I don't think 350 will be too hard to achieve
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

350??-- you should still be able to get 425-450 with those pulleys and 42 lb injectors. Then you and atrimterror will be neck and neck. He'll probably still be up on ya and talking smack since you'll have all those extra cubes. (Motivated yet??) :D

I think he'll be running the 3.15 or 3.33 and 6.87 pulleys with my old 42's (go fast parts) and stock fuel system (except for the t-rex or whatever) with the t-trim. So you and him both have similiar shortcomings.

We can't wait to see the completed setup. If you ever need some help, give us a hollar. We'd be happy to help time permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    350??-- you should still be able to get 425-450 with those pulleys and 42 lb injectors. Then you and atrimterror will be neck and neck. He'll probably still be up on ya and talking smack since you'll have all those extra cubes. (Motivated yet??) :D

I think he'll be running the 3.15 or 3.33 and 6.87 pulleys with my old 42's (go fast parts) and stock fuel system (except for the t-rex or whatever) with the t-trim. So you and him both have similiar shortcomings.

We can't wait to see the completed setup. If you ever need some help, give us a hollar. We'd be happy to help time permitting.
    425-450 is all a t-trim needs to take out a ysi
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Quote Originally Posted by atrimterror
    425-450 is all a t-trim needs to take out a ysi
    Don't get to excited, at the rate your going you'll still be jackstand racing regattacoupe, while I'm handing out the loolipops and A$$ Whoopens.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Don't get to excited, at the rate your going you'll still be jackstand racing regattacoupe, while I'm handing out the loolipops and A$$ Whoopens.
    All you can hand out is lolipops
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com