Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Anyone not running Vortech Water Pump Pulley?

Thread: Anyone not running Vortech Water Pump Pulley?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone not running Vortech Water Pump Pulley?

IS this possible without rubbing between the belt on the acc belt tensioner and water pump pulley? I keep putting shorter belts on it but it will start rubbing after I start my car up. I guess I will keep getting shorter belts to try if know one has any other ideas....
    1995 Cobra on jack stands w/ parts all around.

Junior SCH Member
    I did'nt get a W/P pulley with my used kit either. I ended up using a Fox body pulley. You have to enlarge the hole in the center a bit to clear the W/P pilot shaft. Other than that it fits perfectly. Vortech wanted $70.00 for that freakin pulley .
    95 Zero option GTS. D.S.S 8.8-1 Bullet 306,S-Trim, Power Pipe, 6037's, TFS 2 cam, Perf RPM U/L, 70mm T/B, 80mm MAF, 42's, BBK L/T's.

Junior SCH Member
    Is the Fox body one smaller than the SN95 one?

When I switched to the 8"crank pulley on my 90 gt, I had to switch to a 93 Cobra Waterpump Pulley which is much smaller. Here is a sid by side comparison of the 93 cobra versus the standard fox body pulley if that helps you guys any...maybe one of them might work for you:

Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

I'm also using the 93 Cobra W/P pulley... I bought it at Ford for $23.50
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

1993LX Silver with black interior, Cobra R's.. mostly stock.. MAC CatBack

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys. I'll probably try to get one of those 93 Cobra ones from Ford. I finally got a short enough belt that it doesn't rub. I really had to crank the tensioner to get it on. There is quite a bit of room. I don't know how long it will work after the belt stretches. I have heard that the 94-95 Cobras had a slight underdrive pulley set from the factory. Would that be a bigger WPP than the GT's?