Thread: Novi 2000 whining noise??

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000 whining noise??

I just replaced one of the bearings in novi myself. When i put the blower back on the car it was pretty quite. Now the blower is pretty loud. It makes a whining noise like a gear whine, and does it all through the rpm's. Is this normal or is it the bearing going out again?

tuff to say without hearing it myself. I'd see what kinda play you had in the saft, and spin the pulley by hand.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member

blower

I took the belt off and spun the pulley. It all felt fine, and there was no play in the shaft. I made sure my inlet tube for the oil was clean also. could this be a bearing that is going out. or is it normal? Its not really whistling its more of a gear whine all throughout the rpm's.

Like Brandon said, it is hard to tell without actually hearing the whine. It is not uncommon for the novi to get a lot louder when it is broken in.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Junior SCH Member
    Check the bearings in the tensioner pulley's. I had that happen 2 me. They stop spinning. As the belt is spinning look at the center of the tensioner make sure they dont stop spinning. Check both .

~~~~~~~~~~~~Blownovi

Quote Originally Posted by Blu50Stang
    Like Brandon said, it is hard to tell without actually hearing the whine. It is not uncommon for the novi to get a lot louder when it is broken in.

Mine got louder once it got broken in. Someone at work yesterday asked me what that whining noise whas comming from my car when I came in the parking lot :D :D
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's