Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What electric fans are you running on your foxbody?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What electric fans are you running on your foxbody?

Junior SCH Member

What electric fans are you running on your foxbody?

Finally got my bigger alternator in and now looking to install an electric fan. what are you guys running? have any pixs? thanks

I'm using a Taurus fan, so far has done the job. Alot of guys run the Ramchargers fan with great success, when/if my JY fan bites it I'll pick up one of their units.

http://www.ramchargers.com/cgi-bin/n...t?prnbr=674003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Zirgo

www.zirgo.com

Look at my images. I have the 16 inch in the pics. I now have two 12 inchers instead. I have a little more room now. They have better flow and are skinnier than most fans I have seen. I had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Zirgo

www.zirgo.com

Look at my images. I have the 16 inch in the pics. I now have two 12 inchers instead. I have a little more room now. They have better flow and are skinnier than most fans I have seen. I had no problems.
    I've seen both fan setups on blownbys car. All I can say is I wish I had bought one.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Junior SCH Member
    I'm probably going with the ramcharger unit but can i use the "Painless Wiring Electric fan relay" with this electric fan? Instead of the manual switch?

Also wanted to know if I should go with the 200 degree on/185 degree off http://store.summitracing.com/partde...N=120%20302852 or the 185 degree on/170 degree off http://store.summitracing.com/partde...N=120%20302852 .

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ALblown50
    I'm probably going with the ramcharger unit but can i use the "Painless Wiring Electric fan relay" with this electric fan? Instead of the manual switch?

Also wanted to know if I should go with the 200 degree on/185 degree off http://store.summitracing.com/partde...N=120%20302852 or the 185 degree on/170 degree off http://store.summitracing.com/partde...N=120%20302852 .

Thanks again
    I would go with the lower of the two. However, consider, I am using the flex-a-lite VSC. It has a variable on temp setting. 150-220. Also when it hits the on temp, it start the fan out slowly the increases the speed as the temp rises. Less impact on charging system. Also it cycles the fan for 30 seconds after the car is turned off to help in the cooling. Plus it has a 5 second delay startup so no load when you start your car.

I also purchased the manual overide switch so I can turn the fan on manually, or if I want or cool the car in the staging lanes. I also have an electric water pump. Works great. $80 (summit)

If you are interested, I have a ramcharger fan for sale. It is part #674001(this is the one without the wiring harness). It is brand new in the box. I will sell it for $70 shipped.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Senior SCH Member
    Mk8 here and very happy with it, 3yrs of solid cooling.

Scott

Who runs an electric fan with the 8" crank and 3 core radiator? Any pics?
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member
    Blu50Stang,
    I'll buy it. Do you know if the Painless Wire Setup will work with this unit? Let me know how you want payment. Paypal?
    Thanks

ALblown50, I don't see why the Painless wire setup won't work with this fan. I was going to pick up the Painless kit #30104(the thermostat one). I can take paypal. Just send the $70, along with the shipping info to Blu50Stang@aol.com.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

SCH Member
    I run a Painless setup with mine. Works just fine.

Junior SCH Member
    Jon01,

Did you also run the Ford MOtorsports thermostat housing the the port? Or did you T off the stock temp sensor? Thanks

Eric,

I run a Ramchargers fan on my combo and I have a Griffin 31 x 19 Radiator, Renegade 8" crank pulley and I have almost 1/2" of clearance between the Crank pulley and Fan..

Jeff