Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What electric fans are you running on your foxbody? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What electric fans are you running on your foxbody?

SCH Member
    Nah, I got a housing from NAPA with the port in it. I can dig up the part# for it tomorrow but I think it's for a Bronco. It is cast iron but also 1/3 the price of the FMS one.

Junior SCH Member
    one last question. what are you guys runnung for the coolant catch can with the ramcharger electric fan?

Quote Originally Posted by RdRunnr
    Who runs an electric fan with the 8" crank and 3 core radiator? Any pics?
    Me, you can view in my images. I now have dual 12" fans vs the single 16". Gave me a little more clearance and coverage on the radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by s-trimmed302
    Eric,

I run a Ramchargers fan on my combo and I have a Griffin 31 x 19 Radiator, Renegade 8" crank pulley and I have almost 1/2" of clearance between the Crank pulley and Fan..

Jeff

Sweet, thanks!! I've experimented with the sn-95 and mark viii fans, but none of them worked good. I will give the Ramcharger a try next :)
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Me, you can view in my images. I now have dual 12" fans vs the single 16". Gave me a little more clearance and coverage on the radiator.
    Nice :) What is the part # again for the dual fans?
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

My Homepage

Senior SCH Member
    blownby, how wide is your radiator, or thick in inches? I barely have clearance right now with the stock vortech pulley, I have a 4 core aluminum radiator, not sure which brand is on the car for the electric fan, was on the car when I bought it? I have an 8" crank pulley, but dont see how it will fit, maybe my fan/radiator is too thick, would appreciate it when you have time to measure the thickness of your radiator, want to see what I can do to get that bad boy on there :o)
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    MSD Coil 90/10 Front Shocks,
    50/50 Rear Shocks, 3.55 Gears,
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated
    Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats Cervini Cowl/Ram Air hood ,17" Cobra R wheels

Junior SCH Member blownholley50's Avatar
    i use a 94/95 electric fan, wired it up to a switch from a relay(def need a 150+amp alt for it). i have a 7" crank pulley and it is pretty close with the rondavis radiator. it keeps it real cool!!!!!
    1993 LX Mustang, A-Trimmed(6#'s), New full ArtCarr C4 setup, World Sr Cast Heads, F.A.S.T Computer, 72# injectors etc....

Will Be The Fastest A-Trimmed Car, well maybe not??

Quote Originally Posted by RdRunnr
    Nice :) What is the part # again for the dual fans?
    Zirgo 12 s-curve (zf12s) blade. Most fans are all 3.25" thick and under. The 12's are like 2.5".

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra33
    blownby, how wide is your radiator, or thick in inches? I barely have clearance right now with the stock vortech pulley, I have a 4 core aluminum radiator, not sure which brand is on the car for the electric fan, was on the car when I bought it? I have an 8" crank pulley, but dont see how it will fit, maybe my fan/radiator is too thick, would appreciate it when you have time to measure the thickness of your radiator, want to see what I can do to get that bad boy on there :o)
    I will check the thickness. My fans are only 2.5" thick. I had a 3.25" thick fan and that fit. Also my radiator is flush against the upper support. The wires that were orriginally behind were moved to the front of the core support. Hope that makes sense. You should be able to see the flushness of the radiator in a picture. (??) I have room now and I have the strut support on there. I will measure and let you know for sure.

Cobra33,

My radiator is 2.25" thick.

Do you need a relay and temperature controller for the ramcharger or does it come with them?
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

My Homepage

I'm using the Proform Mustang fan (like the black magic). Decent fan I guess but the theremostat doesn't work very well. It just has the bulb sensor that smushes up to the radiator.

Think I'd be able to use a hayden or some other thermostat fan kit on it? I'd like to do away with that bulb and use a real sensor that sees coolant. If so, is there a spot to thread a sensor into?
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

92stanglx
    I just installed the Ramchargers dual fan setup in my car with the Summit Mustang radiator. It clears my S-Trim crank pulley w/ a bit to spare (no modifications to radiator mounting support).

I used the painless wiring kit to wire it all up and it was a peice of cake. I also wired in a bypass switch just in case the thremostat takes a crap (call me paranoid).

Can't comment on cooling as I just got it all wired up last night :teeth: