Thread: Carter and Roots?

Junior SCH Member

Carter and Roots?

Can a Carter 750 be used in it's stock form with a roots style supercharger? I have heard that with these systems any carb can be used. I have both a 625 and a 750. I have a recalibration kit for the 625 but not for the 750. What about fuel requirement. How many gph for 5-6 psi? What size of fuel line? Is a regulator required? Thanks

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs up CARTER WITH ROOTS? I BELIEVE SO.

:) howziit guy!

i'm installing a 750cfm CARTER or EDELBROCK 750cfm carb on my WEIAND 144 mini-blower and sbc383 engine. with certain modifications as pictured in the book "STREET SUPERCHARGING" by Pat Ganahl, the carb should work well.

i have a CARTER 172gph mechanical fuel pump, 1/2" ports, 6-8psi, no regulator needed. i might use a HOLLEY fuel regulator to set pressure at 5.5psi.

also have an EDELBROCK VICTOR mech pump, -8/-10 ports, 13-14psi, regulator needed. pump will work with roots or centrifugal supercharger.

you can drill the airhorn for a dual fuel entry, or buy a new airhorn with dual-feed ports.

you might also want to install 3/8" or larger fuel lines to the tank. if you do so, remember to modify the tank's pickup to the same size.

good luck. :)
    undefinedundefinedundefined :) 1957 Chevy daily driver, aka THE WHITE LADY. sbc 383, 9:1 AFR HEADS, 240*D/528L roller, 4-speed, 3.36 gears. looking for 550 SUPERCHARGED HP. ;)