Thread: Another one.

Junior SCH Member

Another one.

Just wanted to let you know that their is yet one more old school R trim user on this board.:D Mine has done very well for me. I have done a best of 11.04@127 with it. I have a few traction issues i need to address. The car has a stock btm/72 351 heads that have a good valve in them. Is it me or does an R trim create a little more heat than say an s? Mine seems to get very hot. It was rebuilt by vortech around 3000 miles ago. I should have upgraded it then. The tech guys told me I was better off with the R. Ohh well, I was new in the forced induction game then and know a little better now.

Ryan

Senior SCH Member
    Welcome. Hey I'm VERY happy with my R. It's not a bad blower at all. An upgrade would be to a T-trim or YS-trim. But those are nice number you have there. What's the rest of your combo?

Junior SCH Member
    stock bottom end, 1970 351w heads(opened a little on the exhaust)202,160 valves, crane gold 1:7's a motor cam(not helping very much) I need to get a better blower cam,trick flow R, shorty headers,PMS,373's drag radials.

I also have uppers lowers coil overs in the front.

The PMS needs real tuning. The car is very fat. It has the normal anderson (get your car running tune in it) if you know what i mean. I tweeked it very little. I want to get a wide band.

I have been replacing parts constantly. I broke a set of 31 splines and a spool on a set of bald BFG's. Then I bought a set of moser 33's put them in and bought a set of et streets. I had better luck with the radials. I went to wide of a et steet tire on a 8 in rim. I could not get them to hook at all. Then I bought a set of NEW nitto 275 60 15's. put them on the car and went to the track. I came out of the burnout box and the nitto's hooked and broke my rear again. This time it was the rear housing. I twisted axle tube. This caused my new nitto to get incenerated by my fender. That was the last of my attempts for 10's last year. It should do it easily if I get a good 60.

I've distroyed a t5 upgraded to a tko/w a speck stage 3 (AWSOME)

This winter I am fixing the rear again, getting my torque boxes replaced with thicker ones, maybe adding a k member and a arms, or maybe an anti sway bar for the rear.

sorry to ramble.

Ryan