Thread: Sad Sad night for BLOWNBY

Sad Sad night for BLOWNBY

UPDATE ON MY SPEC STAGE III Clutch.

FRIED. I went to put some good times on my YSI car last night and put the smack down on the locals and mustan5069, and can we say SLIPPAGE.

Well the clutch has now lasted about 16 passes and 8,000-10,000 miles. The clutch has been awesome up till last night.

Launch at 4,500 went pretty good. 1.56 60'. Went to smack second, pegged rev limiter, got off gas and back on, back to rev limiter, threw into third, pegged rev limiter. Went to fourth and just coasted to the line. 11.34 at 98mph

Good news is, I had 7.0's 1/8 mile with all those issues. Looks promissing for later. :D

Be afraid, be very afraid. You know who I'm talking to.
    The car is also a heavy car. 90 GT in cobra skins and full interior, with roll cage and dynamat sound deadening.

Now the question is automatic or a new spec clutch.

Now will have to miss the racing at Norwalk OH Fun Ford Weekend next week. Well just have to put in the JackStand & Shine Event there.

Looks like I'll be jackstand racing with the best of them in the next few weeks.

[QUOTE=BLOWNBY]UPDATE ON MY SPEC STAGE III Clutch.

FRIED. I went to put some good times on my YSI car last night and put the smack down on the locals and mustan5069, and can we say SLIPPAGE.

Well the clutch has now lasted about 16 passes and 8,000-10,000 miles. The clutch has been awesome up till last night.

Launch at 4,500 went pretty good. 1.56 60'. Went to smack second, pegged rev limiter, got off gas and back on, back to rev limiter, threw into third, pegged rev limiter. Went to fourth and just coasted to the line. 11.34 at 98mph

Good news is, I had 7.0's 1/8 mile with all those issues. Looks promissing for later. :D

Be afraid, be very afraid. You know who I'm talking to.
    The car is also a heavy car. 90 GT in cobra skins and full interior, with roll cage and dynamat sound deadening.

Now the question is automatic or a new spec clutch.

Now will have to miss the racing at Norwalk OH Fun Ford Weekend next week. Well just have to put in the JackStand & Shine Event there.

Looks like I'll be jackstand racing with the best of them in the next few weeks.[/QUO

After that outing, I'll keep mine on jackstands :D :D
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

All joking aside. the clutch was slipping very bad. My hat go's off to blownby, he's had a hard road tying to get the car to put down the numbers with stick. My vote is the auto. But either way, we will get it back on the road

What about those RAM heavy duty clutches?

http://www.ramclutches.com/Products/...n_clutches.htm

Senior SCH Member
    I was at Milan last night and screwed up a shift and my motor. Looks like the real street car is going to have to get torn down again to the short block. I am sure hoping for no bent valves, but it has some serious crankcase pressure so it may be a head gasket.

BTW, I have had great luck with the SPEC stage 3 clutch in my car. It has gone consistant low 10's. I have a 4 puck disc from last year when I switched to a 6 puck this year.

I thought somebody mentioned that you were from Michigan. If so, let me know if you need a hand with anything. I have changed clutches in between rounds of qualifying.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    I was at Milan last night and screwed up a shift and my motor. Looks like the real street car is going to have to get torn down again to the short block. I am sure hoping for no bent valves, but it has some serious crankcase pressure so it may be a head gasket.

BTW, I have had great luck with the SPEC stage 3 clutch in my car. It has gone consistant low 10's. I have a 4 puck disc from last year when I switched to a 6 puck this year.

I thought somebody mentioned that you were from Michigan. If so, let me know if you need a hand with anything. I have changed clutches in between rounds of qualifying.
    Actually Toledo. I have three-four other buds here on this site form the same area. We are all pulling for mid to high tens. We'll have to hook up some time. Are you going to Norwalk next week?

By the the looks of it I will be doing another stage III. ($$$) Do you like the 6 puck over the 4 puck. I had the four puck. Should i opt for the lightweight p.p.

I think I will be staying with the stick for now, and plan on the AOD for next summer. Anyone now of a cheap c-4 or anyone who WTT a C-4 for TKO.

Senior SCH Member
    There is a huge difference in how the two discs hit the tires. The 4 puck actually hits them much harder. I am glad that I went with the 6 puck disc. I run the lightweight pressure plate on my car.

I have also had good luck with the RAM 6000. That is my back-up clutch.

I am planning to go and watch at Norwalk. They don;t have a class for me to race in and it is broke now anyways.

Don't let a clutch keep you from making the race. BTW, we have a rebuilt AOD with the Lentech conversion valve body and TC for sale. It has <1000 miles on it.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    There is a huge difference in how the two discs hit the tires. The 4 puck actually hits them much harder. I am glad that I went with the 6 puck disc. I run the lightweight pressure plate on my car.

I have also had good luck with the RAM 6000. That is my back-up clutch.

I am planning to go and watch at Norwalk. They don;t have a class for me to race in and it is broke now anyways.

Don't let a clutch keep you from making the race. BTW, we have a rebuilt AOD with the Lentech conversion valve body and TC for sale. It has <1000 miles on it.
    Sent you a PM

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    I know someone selling a built C4, if I hadn't just dropped big bux on my Tremec two years ago I'd be all over it:

It has JPT hardened input and output shafts. New Red Eagle clutch packs and
    Kevlar bands. Reverse manual valve body with transbrake by Art Carr. Will
    handle 550-600 horse no problem. Dip stick is in the case. Asking $450.

contact rfedd@aol.com
    Chris

Blownby.......Sorry to hear about the rough night......you too chris......FWIW last year i ran a stock C4 with a dynamic reverse VB, pa pan, and a tc1 2800 converter. And i must say it worked out very well and handled low 11's nicely. Would it hold up to your monster or my new engine?? :D ;) I'll let you know........

You guys skippin fun ford then?? Cause if you're not gonna be there i doubt i'll go since i'm leaving for western ontario CA that evening.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

We are still going to ffw. Mustan5069 is go to race.

cool....... :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D