Thread: how much boost? 2.75"/stock crank pulley(single belt novi)?

SCH Member

how much boost? 2.75"/stock crank pulley(single belt novi)?

I haven't installed the kit yet but thats what the setup is. What kind of boost will that put out on a h/c/i 302? How much more will a f-150 pulley add? And finally what about a powerpipe?

I'd like to stay around the 440rwhp range if possible... will it take all that to do it? I'm at 303rwhp n/a

Junior SCH Member
    the f-150 alone should get you to about 7 pounds, a powerpipe should add another 1.5 -2 pounds, the 2.75 pulley should add about 2.5 pounds. youll notice a big difference in more low rpm boost when u put the f-150 and 2.75 on because the blower is spinning faster at all times. you probably still wont see much noticalbe boost until 2500 but its still much bettter than the stock 1000 produces. ive heard people usually produce 12-15 hp for every pound of boost. with just the f-150 pulley and if you at 303 now id think youd be in the high 300 range with just that. maybe 370-390 at the wheels with 7 pounds. just remember when u upgrade with more boost to make sure it doesnt lean out and add more fuel pressure, an fmu, bigger injectors and fuel pump or a combo of those to prevent motor damage

Junior SCH Member
    oh if your looking to get 440 range, the powerpipe and both pulleys should get to maybe 420-435

I've seen about 11#'s with the F-150 + 2.75" + powerpipe, was kinda hard to watch the gauge and keep it on the road :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th