Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How many of you can say you drove around a 14k foot mountain today?

Thread: How many of you can say you drove around a 14k foot mountain today?

How many of you can say you drove around a 14k foot mountain today?

I went for my first solo cruise today in the car in quite sometime.

I went from my house and all the way around Mt Rainier and back.

171 miles I went in 3 hours. A lot of this being very sharp bumpy twisties and being stuck behind slower cars.

What a ****in blast it was.

This pic does not do this neck of the woods any justice at all.

Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

I put some 275 meats on the back of the car so I had to go test them out lol. :D

Damn nice, I miss tooling around in the mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I'll bet it was beautiful scenery too, sounds like fun Steve. Wish there were more backroads that were paved here in north idaho. I used to go back into the canyons around north LA County once in awhile. It was so much fun to get out and cruise around beautiful areas.

How are you liking the sticks out there chris. Did you move all your car stuff out there with ya?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Nice pics steve! I'm going to the charlotte cup race and i'll be going through the appalachains in the fall and it is very hard to beat!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I love it, this part of the country is really amazing, the winters are hardly anything to whine about. The summers are 10x better than any summer I witnessed during my 25 years growing up in Southern California. The people up here are so much nicer, they speak english, you can go to the lake and BBQ and not worry about people fighting because they don't like someone elses religion or whatever they wanna fight about down there. Anyway, only way I'd go back is to visit ;) I brought most of my car **** with me, unfortunately I left the fastback down there with my brother since he rightfully owns half of it and was using it for trasportation to work at the time. So I left him my old longblock to swap in later on also. The one thing I've noticed is labor is so much cheaper up here. Well except the gardeners lol....... After getting up here I relish taking drives up into Canada and Western Montana. I might pull this motor out later on and put in a nice cheap 392ci stroker or something on a budget and use this car for going on cruises. Then find a roller for this motor. Sad part is, this isn't the sticks anymore, Costco just moved in.

Senior SCH Member
    Nice pics Steve - makes me homesick. My dad has climbed that beast several times, the most recent trip was a single day round trip!! I've yet to climb it - but it's on the "to do" list. I have been to the top of Mt. Hood though. Nothing like sitting on top of the world.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Senior SCH Member
    Where do you live? I have a place in Hobart if you know where that is. I grew up in Enumclaw.

I live in on South Hill which is in between Puyallup and Graham.

I know of Hobart.:)

I cut up through enumclaw on way around the mountian.

Some other pics I have stored on my H drive from highway 410, 123, and 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustler
    I love it, this part of the country is really amazing, the winters are hardly anything to whine about. The summers are 10x better than any summer I witnessed during my 25 years growing up in Southern California. The people up here are so much nicer, they speak english, you can go to the lake and BBQ and not worry about people fighting because they don't like someone elses religion or whatever they wanna fight about down there. Anyway, only way I'd go back is to visit ;) I brought most of my car **** with me, unfortunately I left the fastback down there with my brother since he rightfully owns half of it and was using it for trasportation to work at the time. So I left him my old longblock to swap in later on also. The one thing I've noticed is labor is so much cheaper up here. Well except the gardeners lol....... After getting up here I relish taking drives up into Canada and Western Montana. I might pull this motor out later on and put in a nice cheap 392ci stroker or something on a budget and use this car for going on cruises. Then find a roller for this motor. Sad part is, this isn't the sticks anymore, Costco just moved in.

That's awesome chris. I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

What did you find for work up that way if you don't mind me asking. Hope that venture is going well for ya too.:)

Brent, enjoy yourself at the cup race. It should be a great race there. My dad has been to Texas Motor speedway a couple of time and that was awesome.

David thats a cool feat to make it to the top of rainier even if it isn't the highest mountain out there. Be proud of your old man. I've had a few of my friends over the years that have made it to the summit.

Senior SCH Member
    You had to go and post more pictures didn't you - now I want to go home again! I have been living in Minnesota for the past 4 years but I still have my house in Hobart. I plan to move back eventually.

What is funny is we can't get rid of the rain in Minnesota and it has been awesome in Seattle - go figure!