Thread: Rotating inlet.

Junior SCH Member

Rotating inlet.

What is the easiest way to remove the plugs in front to access the bolts so I can rotate the back. Also, how tight do I torque the bolts?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BA67
    What is the easiest way to remove the plugs in front to access the bolts so I can rotate the back. Also, how tight do I torque the bolts?
    First, your gonna have to be more clear on what your are describing. What plugs in front??? What bolts? Which back. And what bolts are you speaking of when it comes to the torque?

Junior SCH Member
    I want to rotate the inlet to the other side. The bolts that I need to remove to do this have plugs covering them. I want to know what is the best way to remove the plugs, and how tight to retorque the bolts after I rotate the inlet.

SCH Member
    I assume you are talking about the SN-93. Some say to remove the plugs with some vice grips; I had to drill holes in mine and pull them out with wire. I did not reinstall them, and no fluid leaks out behind the bolt holes. I do not know the torque figure on your bolts. I tightened to my own feel. :)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    When you remove the bolts use a torque wrench to verify what they are torqued at to start with.