Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bypass Valve and Boost # Question.

Thread: Bypass Valve and Boost # Question.

SCH Member

Bypass Valve and Boost # Question.

With my Box Stock Novi 1000 seeing anywhere from 5-6 PSI of boost is the Vortech Boost Bypass Valve too much? Or will it be alright. I have it bought and going on the car but before I do I want to make sure that there is not some kind of rating for amount of boost you should have.

Also, What else do people install to help a Supercharged Car run a little better? Manual Boost Controller?

I'm new at all this, so any help is appreciated.

Pictures and Modifications.

Long Live Blades.

5.?

The bypass valve should REALLY help with the driveability. There are more than a couple people who benefited from a bypass valve. No manual boost controller. Have you tried clocking your MAF?

The bypass valve and clocking the MAF are the two things I can think of that helped with my driveability/idling/surging at low rpm's.

BTW: Gorgeous car! :)
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    The bypass valve should REALLY help with the driveability. There are more than a couple people who benefited from a bypass valve. No manual boost controller. Have you tried clocking your MAF?

The bypass valve and clocking the MAF are the two things I can think of that helped with my driveability/idling/surging at low rpm's.

BTW: Gorgeous car! :)

Thanks for the Compliment on my car! Yours looks hot as well! Love a clean Fox Body!

I have already bought the Vortech Bypass Valve and Hopefully it will take care of the driveability problems.

What do you mean by Clocking the MAF? Sorry I'm a Noob!

Long Live Blades.

5.?

I don't know if you'll have to clock the MAF or not....clocking the MAF is simply turning it 'right side up'. For us fox body guys, the installation instructions and pictures show the MAF upside down with the wiring harness at the 6 o'clock position. Alot of people have had problems with the MAF like this so they "clocked" it so the harness was on top (12 o'clock).
    ~Dan

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    I don't know if you'll have to clock the MAF or not....clocking the MAF is simply turning it 'right side up'. For us fox body guys, the installation instructions and pictures show the MAF upside down with the wiring harness at the 6 o'clock position. Alot of people have had problems with the MAF like this so they "clocked" it so the harness was on top (12 o'clock).

I put the Bypass on my car a few nites ago. It corrected all my driveability problems that were present before! IMO a bypass valve is a must have!

Long Live Blades.

5.?

Quote Originally Posted by SN95BLK
    IMO a bypass valve is a must have!
    Yup. I wonder when Paxton will include a bypass in their kits? Or at least mention the benefit of a bypass valve in their instructions...
    ~Dan

SCH Member
    I was thinking the same thing! A simple mention of it in the instruction manual would have saved a few head aches!

Long Live Blades.

5.?

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    My car runs better now with a Manual Boost Controller.......for the Turbo. :p
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Quote Originally Posted by frank woodall
    ...for the Turbo. :p
    Yea yea. You had to rub it in didn't ya? :p
    ~Dan