Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
42LB INJECTORS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 42LB INJECTORS

Question 42LB INJECTORS

where's the best deal on new 42lb injectors?

Dave @ www.jdsperformance.com ;) Tell him Ian sent you.

Ian

SCH Member
    I'll second that. I bought some from him 2 weeks ago. But I thought I had bought the last set he had. He told me they were being discontinued.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    If JDs out, Steeda's everyday price on Bosch 42s is just $299. That said, I actually prefer the Lucas disc-type 42# injectors, they seem to idle better and meter fuel more consistently overall. Precision turbo www.precisionte.com sells them for $333.20 per set of 8.
    Chris

Yes that is very true.. If Dave has ran out check with Steeda.

Ian

thanks Ian, full auto, chris. i was curios about the disc type, thanks for the info chris. has anyone else experienced the idle characteristics of the disc type, if so come on in and tell me. thanks to everyone in advance :D
    Last edited by blueoval92; 07-08-2004 at 12:33 PM.

It is true the FRPP/Bosch 42's are going away so if you need a set snap 'em up. a lot of vendors are already charging a premium for them the same as what happened when 36's were discontinued. Note also Steeda's price has gone up as most vendors have...Steeda now lists them for $359 on their site.

As for the Lucas disc type.... very good injectors and many rave of how well the car idles with them installed. They do have a limit though from what I've read and that's how much fuel pressure you run. I can't speak from experience but I've read posts from guys using them who've experienced problems with the injectors locking up when pushing close to 60 psi of fuel pressure through them.

thanks for the heads up hawk, i have just read the same thing about the pressure issue. checked steeda and your right they have gone up! anyone else with info welcome.

SCH Member

re injectors

yo- 42 lbs come on the lightening truck so as for discontinuing the injector sounds a little early for ford as they must keep the injectors for 5 years after production discontinues on the truck line for servicing,unless they replace them with bigger ones as a change up,this happened with the supercoupe models ,early ones came with 30 lbs and 92 an up were changed up to 36 lbs.

Junior SCH Member
    I was also looking for 42lb injectors my self...I found the Steeda ones for $299
    here's the link http://www.dallasmustang.com/index.m...c34b6a9&p=8323

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Dave @ www.jdsperformance.com ;) Tell him Ian sent you.

Ian
    What he said...and he's a Steeda distributor so don't worry about him being out.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by hotford
    yo- 42 lbs come on the lightening truck so as for discontinuing the injector sounds a little early for ford as they must keep the injectors for 5 years after production discontinues on the truck line for servicing,unless they replace them.
    I bought my FRPP 42's this spring from a guy who works for the distributer here in Canada for all the Ford dealerships and he told me 42's are no longer in production now that the Lightning is out of production. There still tons of sets around in vendor stock...for now. I bought mine early in the spring when he told me this info and gave me a heads up to the fact as he said prices were going to go up. 4 weeks later he was proved correct as average prices went up to $360-$389 US for a set when it was common to see them sell for $289 US.

rdrunner i have'nt checked on dave yet, glueyes was right 299 for 42's at dallas mustang! cheapest so far. thanks everyone for your input! :D

SCH Member
    I bought mine last month from Dave for $299 and the ProM 80mm for $260.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

If you'll go used, the Corral can have some good deals sometimes. I got mine hardly used and a Prom-80 for like $350 shipped. When I got them they were packaged in the original boxes and looked brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th