Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Me eating crow (Ian was right)

Thread: Me eating crow (Ian was right)

Senior SCH Member

Me eating crow (Ian was right)

Before Ian designed his tensioner system I designed one to work with an 80 tooth cog pulley. I commented a few times that my design was better than his when he put his for sale (I tried to find the posts but couldn't).

Well -> Ian's is better!

Here is a page on my website where I admit his is better and still leave the pictures of my system up.

http://www.superstang.com/tensioner.htm

I'll tell ya...seeing someone post that is refreshing...far too many people can't ever put their pride and ego in their back pocket when proven wrong over something.

P.S. I check your site from time to time and have been doing so for for over a year. Killer ride! I'm one guy who has an appreciation for the hours of hard work you've put into that car.

Senior SCH Member
    Thank you!

Junior SCH Member
    He been saying in person to. I asked him about it at the Pump Gas drags and he bragged on Ian's set-up so much I bought one.
    John Wilson

Ian did a very good job on that piece...my brother bought one recently for his car and he's very pleased with it.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstang
    He been saying in person to. I asked him about it at the Pump Gas drags and he bragged on Ian's set-up so much I bought one.
    John Wilson
    LOL! Yes, at the PGD I made sure to tell everyone from Hot Rod that it was an SCH bracket hoping that maybe Ian would get some free press. I am that happy with the bracket. Unfortunately they did not print that part...

How do you like it?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itlkick
    LOL! Yes, at the PGD I made sure to tell everyone from Hot Rod that it was an SCH bracket hoping that maybe Ian would get some free press. I am that happy with the bracket. Unfortunately they did not print that part...

How do you like it?
    It works do good. LOL Now I can get it so tight, that to save my bearings in the blower and the front of the engine I'm having to buy a brace between the pullies. Hey Ian, you need to start selling a less expinsive version of the vortech Renegade brace.http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...ode=4FA110-020.
    I've got to get off my butt and order the idler upgrade, but I had to spend money on this first. You should see the front bearing after only about 2000 miles brass was showing and thats in an R302 block with a good 4340 crank.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it :)

quick: We can do just about anything, I would just need to see the brace in person.

Ian