Thread: sorry im new and have a novi 2000 race

Junior SCH Member

Talking sorry im new and have a novi 2000 race

hey well i am new to this site and btw its awesome i have a 93 gt i am gonna be using my a4 block all forged 347 so i am wanting to run as much boost as possible so u have a little back ground info its a novi 2000 race unit

1.do i need to relocate my altenator in the first place i didnt get a bracket ith the kit or anything its a 3g 130 amp altenator by the way and if i need to reelocate where do i ge tthe braacket and which one is it .
    2.i bought this unit use and it came with a hks blowoff valve and goofety tubing where can i buy the tubing from thrtotle body to charger and that has a spot for the mondo blowoff valve caue i read the hks arent that great so i am going to sell it and get a mondo and if it dosent have a spot for it how do i make it to work or go in and is it better with 3 in or 4 in
    4.will t he stock radiator hose work with the 3 imn or 4 in tubing if not where and what do i need and cost
    5.what are the biggest injectors i will need to run high boost and what fuel pumps or systems i only have a stock fuel arails and lines ect with a 255 in tank
    6 it will be street driven do i need an intercooler idf so from who how much ect
    7. i bought it used and it has a crank pulley with two belt slots how do i measure the size ect to know what i have or what i need and it has a pulley 8 rib i believe that he said was for 29 lbs but how do i measure and calculate ect and what pulley should i start off with i want high booost ect and where do i get them
    9.how do u change boost is it by pulley only or can u get something or what
    10. i have a msd digital 6 will it work or do i nee dot seell i t and get something to control timing or like a boost box thing what do u recomend what model and price
    11.i plan on getting a pms or something what softaware or things do u run to tune and keep traxk withhats the best system or should i just get a tune and a chip and dyno
    12.also what size throttlebody i have a 70mm and egr plate do i need a 75 otr 90 or what and is my performer rpm upper nd lower an godd enough intake or should i seel l them and get what ever u recommend
    13.will it be ok and will i find a blet to run my altenatewr and meaizere water pump (electric) and my black magic fan i mean will it all work together and line up and find a belt ect

well im sure this is the first of many questons that i will have and thanks to any and all who help me

also please any pics of rnegade kits on a ofox car please side shots ect or detailed pics please would be great and also wanna hide all or most wires in the engine bay so any pics of that would be great

Junior SCH Member
    any pics and answers of a renegade kit would be so helpful also any videos of a novi 2000 race unit either at idle or all out or track whatever so i know what its gonna sound like

Junior SCH Member
    also i have a c and l 73 mm mass air how do i get it over to the back side of the charger where the filter is or what are u guys doing for a filter and mass air set up i keep hearing blow through and stuff or do i extend the wires ect or what thanks again and sorry im rterally new to all this

Junior SCH Member
    if you have a 347 a4 motor and are gonna run 20+ psi you will need a whole new braided fuel system, sumped tank, mega pump, 72-83lb fuel injectors minimum, 90mm pro-m throw the c+l away, nice c4 or powerglide, moser rear setup, pms + good tuner. 75mm throttle body minimum, spider intake or similiar, and a good builder/mechanic cause if you are this green bout it you gonna need it :D >> Might need a 2nd mortgage too lol ;)
    LX stang Vortech, C4, A/C, etc...

SCH Member

re

If your NOVI came with the factory 3 piece discharge tube and the alt. is mounted in the factory location it should be ok.If you need to relocate the Alt you can probably get a bracket from paxton. Or even try http://www.marchperf.com/ As far as your crank pulley it is probably an 8 in. renegade pulley.

Fast 93 gt,don't fret! every body has to start somewhere, and this forum is an awesome start!! Find a reputable speed shop that specializes in racing mustangs and ask their opinions also. If you plan on racing renegade go to the races and see for yourself what these guys are using. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk. Knowledge is Key! Hope this helps ya :)