Thread: Am I missing anything before I bolt on the Novi and hit the track?

SCH Member

Am I missing anything before I bolt on the Novi and hit the track?

I think i'm ready but just want to make sure. I just installed a GSS 340 intank fuel pump and got a fmu calibrated for my 30lb. injectors. Timing at 24 degrees (spout out). My h/c/i combo makes 303rwhp n/a so from what everyone says i'll be in the 430rwhp range.

i'll be running the stock crank pulley and a 2.75" on the blower with a powerpipe.

Will i have enough fuel and is my timing about right? I'd hate to blow a headgasket first time i get on it.

One other thing... i'm using the stock head bolts and did not know i needed spacers when i installed my edelbrock heads. I hope the dowels will keep the heads from moving around under boost. Will this be a issue? I'll change the bolts out the next time i need to take the heads off.

Are you running a single belt novi or a double? plugs gapped down? How's your clutch? :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    single belt. oh and i'm running autolite 3924s gapped at 35. Spec Stage II

When you go to change out the headbolts, go ahead and replace them with studs, much better and even clamping force. If you used stock bolts those are torque to yield and are only good for a one time use, you may or may not slide by with them for a short period of time. If you're running 30's and the FMU you should be fine on fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    ok guys i got it up and running... i'm just waiting for my powerpipe so i can take it on a test run. Everything went together pretty easy and it seems everything is ok. I do have a check engine light for some reason now, i think it may be because i extended my maf wires for the powerpipe(or at least it came on right after i done that).

i'm heading to the track saturday to see how it does... any guesses?? 2.75" pulley, stock crank pulley, powerpipe and the usual h/c/i 302. i'm hoping for a 11.