Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
D1 tensioner

Thread: D1 tensioner

SCH Member

D1 tensioner

I just shreaded my 1st 8 rib belt. pully alighnment is very close, within 1/32 or less. I was wondering if I didn't have the tensioner too loose. What is the proper way to set up an adjustable procharger tensioner. It seemed to do a lot of bouncing and jumping at idle, should it do that? thanks Steve

SCH Member
    Shredded another belt, this is getting expensive! Checked alignment again off the crank and I don't think it could get any better. Again I wonder if the tensioner was improperly adjusted. This is how I do it, I push the tensioner pulley down against the belt with one hand takeing out all the slack while tightining the 3/4" bolt to keep it there. Then I tighten the spring adjuster now I have it tighter than I ever have. I guess we will see what happens this time. Can I put too much spring tension on? Thanks Steve
    Last edited by 383STROKER; 07-26-2004 at 10:49 PM.

SCH Member
    On My fifth belt now! I have had it perfictly lined up and have had it set approx 3/32 back from the crank. The procharger instructions say it may lie back slightly untill it is under load. I grabed the D1 pulley and I could pull it forward over 1/16, more like 1/8. This must be what they are talking about. Any help Please!
    Last edited by 383STROKER; 08-24-2004 at 10:35 PM.

SCH Member
    6th one and still counting! Any d1 users where does your blower sit in relation to the crank pulley ahead, behind, inline? I see the blower pulley jumps forward about 1/8 of an inch when I let off after a stab of the throttle.

are you saying that the shaft of the blower is going in & out of the blower by 1/8"? that seems to be a bit excessive to me. I was playing with mine the other day & dont think that it moved that much. Maybe you have a bearing going out? is the bracket moving @ all or just the blower shaft? I dont have mine mounted yet, so I cant tell you where it all sits in relationship to the crank pulley.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

SCH Member
    The bracket is very rigid. All the play is in the shaft. Anyone know what the endplay should be. If It is a bearing can I get one anywhere?

Thanks steve

I suppose you could give the tech line @ ATI a call & see if they cant help you. Sorry, but I dont know.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Junior SCH Member
    Are you using a solid tensioner or spring tensioner? I eliminated all my belt slip and breakage issues when I went with an SD-Concepts spring tensioner for my F-Body. If your 383 is an LS1 this same setup might work for you. Scott at SD has a ton of S/C experience. Check them out: Http://www.sd-concepts.com

Mike
    My Blown Navy Blue 2000 Formula Firehawk

"Where there's smoke, there's tires!"