Thread: Idle Issues

Senior SCH Member

Question Idle Issues

I finished installing my HP turbo, everything went more or less OK. One thing though, is the idle surges from 500 to 1300 RPM's and will eventually die off. I'm presently running 42lbs injectors a C & L 76mm mass air. The TPS is set at 0.98, fuel pressure is at 38psi with the vacuum off. The IAC motor is new. Does this sound like a MAF issue?

I know this is a supercharger site but any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex.

Senior SCH Member
    very rich at idle is your problem, loose that C&L meter and get a Pro-M and your problem should go away, but some cars require a chip be burned to even get the car to idle with 42's i was lucky i guess my car ran perfect when i was running 42's with the stock EEC

Scott

Senior SCH Member
    Any other Ideas before I toss the C & L? - problem is that I am 5 hrs away from someoone who can burn a chip for me, do you all thing a Pro M will fix these issues? I'm not in the market to buy an aftermarket ECM.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Try re-clocking (rotating) the MAF so that the sensor is in an area of slightly lower airflow, this will decrease the voltage signal slightly and lean out the mixture. You also need to reset the eec KAM each time you make a change, disconnect a battery terminal, press on the brake pedal for a few seconds, replace battery cable. Give it a few operating cycles to figure out new settings. Also might try increasing airflow slightly to match eec's hardwired "minimum injector pulsewidth". Just open up the throttle stop screw slightly, after opening throttle, recheck tps to keep it under 1.0v
    Chris