Thread: P1-SC vs D1-SC Do these blowers both end up with the same boost gear for gear ?

P1-SC vs D1-SC Do these blowers both end up with the same boost gear for gear ?

Just wondering, i heard they will both have the same peek boost just that the D1sc will come on sooner ????

How much to upgrade to a D1sc ??? Would it be woth it ?
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    Actually, I would say the D1 would hit harder but later. The P1's impeller is straight cut and more efficient at low rpms, at high rpms/boost levels it will tend to cavitate more easily. The helical impeller of the D1 is more efficient at high rpms and will ultimately make more boost.
    2001 Cobra Vert.
    P1SC, 3-Core I/C, Spintech Exhaust

455rwhp/441rwtq 13 psi, 11* total, pegging MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked
    Actually, I would say the D1 would hit harder but later. The P1's impeller is straight cut and more efficient at low rpms, at high rpms/boost levels it will tend to cavitate more easily. The helical impeller of the D1 is more efficient at high rpms and will ultimately make more boost.
    Interesting! I wish i could find someone who upgraded to a D1SC with no other changes and see what they gained!!!
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Senior SCH Member
    Which one of the 3 P1SC's are you talking about? I know they have three different designs at least. Probably the same for the D1.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    Which one of the 3 P1SC's are you talking about? I know they have three different designs at least. Probably the same for the D1.
    Just from a P1sc1 to a regular D1sc !! Do they have other D1SC's ?

I wish one of the rags would do a dyno between these blowers, including the P1SC2....
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    the D1SC makes more peak boost but loses alot of low end torque and HP to the P1SC. this made me make the decision to get the P1SC-2 since it has a more revised impellar and is capable of D1 type boost numbers. so far with a stock 04 motor, tfs plenum, 75mm Accufab, 42lb injectors, aviator pump, and a proM ATI solutions meter I made 413rwhp 409tq dyno tuned with SCT chip.

comparably the tuner I go to has another customer who did the D1SC with the same basic mods as my car and he pulled 415rwhp and only 370tq.

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by showstopper
    the D1SC makes more peak boost but loses alot of low end torque and HP to the P1SC. this made me make the decision to get the P1SC-2 since it has a more revised impellar and is capable of D1 type boost numbers. so far with a stock 04 motor, tfs plenum, 75mm Accufab, 42lb injectors, aviator pump, and a proM ATI solutions meter I made 413rwhp 409tq dyno tuned with SCT chip.

comparably the tuner I go to has another customer who did the D1SC with the same basic mods as my car and he pulled 415rwhp and only 370tq.

I agree the P1SC is great for low end.
    New dyno numbers saturday. I was seeing 13 psi at 6500rpm.
    455rwhp/441rwtq <--- You wont get that torque from an S trim. Generally I have seen S trim and maybe even D1 cars running same hp but only about 390-400 rwtq.
    2001 Cobra Vert.

I agree the P1SC is great for low end.
    New dyno numbers saturday. I was seeing 13 psi at 6500rpm.
    455rwhp/441rwtq <--- You wont get that torque from an S trim. Generally I have seen S trim and maybe even D1 cars running same hp but only about 390-400 rwtq.
    What size pulleys are you running to get 13psi with a 3 core ? Dosnt the 3 core take around 3 psi away? Are you using a 6 rib belt ?
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94BLOWNCOBRA
    What size pulleys are you running to get 13psi with a 3 core ? Dosnt the 3 core take around 3 psi away? Are you using a 6 rib belt ?
    6 Rib belt. I am running the 3.2 inch pulley that I got with my 02 GT 10 psi kit. Yes I am running the 3 core IC. If I remember correctly I was seeing about 11-12 psi on the GT, so I dont think I was losing 3 psi thru the cooler.
    2001 Cobra Vert.

6 Rib belt. I am running the 3.2 inch pulley that I got with my 02 GT 10 psi kit. Yes I am running the 3 core IC. If I remember correctly I was seeing about 11-12 psi on the GT, so I dont think I was losing 3 psi thru the cooler.
    Sweet ! What size crank pulley?
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94BLOWNCOBRA
    Sweet ! What size crank pulley?
    I know its stock. Not sure of exact size. 6.5 inch maybe.
    2001 Cobra Vert.

Junior SCH Member
    Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone or anyone you know installed a 3" pulley on the P1SC? I was told by someone that I would risk damaging the seals on the blower and that the smallest diameter anyone should use on the P1SC is 3.6". Can the P1SC handle my 3" pulley without issues? thanks :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodvdog
    Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone or anyone you know installed a 3" pulley on the P1SC? I was told by someone that I would risk damaging the seals on the blower and that the smallest diameter anyone should use on the P1SC is 3.6". Can the P1SC handle my 3" pulley without issues? thanks :D
    Not sure where you got your info but I would consult Procharger themselves.

I have a P1SC and am running a 3.2 inch pulley. If installed correctly, the only possible damage you could do is overspinning the blower and that would depend on the rpms you are turning, blower pulley size, step-up ratio, and crank pulley diameter.
    2001 Cobra Vert.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a P1SC-2 on my IS300 and I am using a 2.085" 6 rib pulley on a 6" crank which is about 13psi. I am looking to upgrade to the D1SC to make more topend power. I feel once I hit 4000rpm the P1SC-2 falls off and my car hits a wall. So with the upgraded cams for better air flow and a D1SC I should pick up more power and torque.