Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need some opinions.......Intake realted

Thread: Need some opinions.......Intake realted

Need some opinions.......Intake realted

Currently I run an untouched TFS Track intake w/ a 1" spacer. Next time out I'm gonna try it w/o the spacer and see if I get any noticeable results.

Now I have a buddy who'll loan me his Victor 5.0 intake and let me try it out, do you think I'd have anything to gain from the intake swap?? Just wanna try to validate the labor.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

BTW, here's a pic of the Victor....

you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

what heads do you have? cam?
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph

Running TFS heads untouched and a TFS stage II cam.

Thumbs up

If it were on a 302 I would say not based on the MM&FF article back in the day. The best for that combo ( TFS TW, stock cam with 1.7s, and all commercially available intakes) was the Edelbrock RPM with your intake up at the top of the pack. Yes the cam would have help some of the intakes but if I'm not mistaken the TFS II cam doesn't push the powerband up that much. But if you don't mind the set of gaskets I would say go for it and share the results.

Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Hmmm, I'll probably give it a try down the road sometime. Will share the results when I do....

Junior SCH Member
    if your friend is interested in selling, i would be interested in purchasing his victor 5.0. i need one and can't afford a new one right now.
    slovert
    12.63 on 125 shot w/out sn-92 on slicks @ 110 mph
    12.41 on sn-92 and slicks @ 111.44 mph
    13.20 on motor with slicks
    '89 5.0 convertible
    stock lower end
    sn-92
    125 shot nos (not used with sc yet)
    trickflow stage 3 cam
    edelbrock heads
    edelbrock performer intake
    30# injectors
    1 chambers
    extender
    other odd & end bs...

Junior SCH Member
    That intake use the fel-pro 1262 gasket (big one) so if your heads are for 1250 (the smaller one) you'l have to port match your heads to the bigger port of the Victor so that incoming air dosen't "it a wall". Also if your heads have a small unmachined part at the top of the intake port where the valve cover sit, you'l have to grind the upper edge of the intake face so that it will sit correctly on the heads.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by simon5.0L
    That intake use the fel-pro 1262 gasket (big one) so if your heads are for 1250 (the smaller one) you'l have to port match your heads to the bigger port of the Victor so that incoming air dosen't "it a wall". Also if your heads have a small unmachined part at the top of the intake port where the valve cover sit, you'l have to grind the upper edge of the intake face so that it will sit correctly on the heads.

Simon
    Thanks Simon, was not aware of that. In that case I will probably not do the swap then, really don't have the desire to rip my heads off and do port work this soon after putting the motor together.

Quote Originally Posted by slovert
    if your friend is interested in selling, i would be interested in purchasing his victor 5.0. i need one and can't afford a new one right now.
    Drop me a e-mail and I can get your info & pass it on to him. He had it for sale a while back but no takers....

E-mail me at searly@camalott.com