Thread: NE1 Make complete 8 rib conversion for P1SC2 on a 2004 GT?

Junior SCH Member

NE1 Make complete 8 rib conversion for P1SC2 on a 2004 GT?

was just wondering if anyone offers a complete conversion kit and what kind of pricing for it? I have already tore up one 6 rib belt and hope that I don't have that problem again.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by showstopper
    was just wondering if anyone offers a complete conversion kit and what kind of pricing for it? I have already tore up one 6 rib belt and hope that I don't have that problem again.
    Call up my man Randy Stinchcomb at Liberty Ford in Maryland @ 410-655-2000 ext. 5618. I got the conversion for my 2000 GT for $250 (it's all F-150 4.6 stock pulleys), plus $72 for the custom ATI idler pulley from Ian.

Eric

Junior SCH Member
    the pulleys are all there including air conditioning? I think there may be a problem though since you have a Vortech and the head unit mounts a little differently than the Procharger. there is no clearance for an 8 rib blower pulley and the alternator itself. as is now its less than an inch clearance. the alternator would need to be moved over a little or a new ATI bracket would need to be developed to move the blower over a couple inches.

Ian this is where you come in!! I thought up the idea so I want some of the profits!

Junior SCH Member
    I think there may be a problem though since you have a Vortech
    I feel offended!! :p :p

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=5492

Junior SCH Member
    the pulleys are all there including air conditioning? there is no clearance for an 8 rib blower pulley and the alternator itself. :
    Yes, the A/C pulley is included, you just re-use the stock clutch.
    I have a 3.0" RR blower pulley so it fits fine.

Eric

Junior SCH Member
    sorry man. it looked more like a vortech kit to me probably because the cobra piping is different.

so you got all the pulleys from Randy. explain how hard it was to install them. did you have to space out the blower bracket more than it already is? if so, what did you do to the alternator to get it to match up? I currently have the 3.40 pulley on my blower and its close to the alternator housing so I would need a smaller pulley in order for it to clear the housing unless the 2 extra ribs are toward the blower and not the alternator. could you snap a couple pics of your setup from right above the alternator just so I can get an idea how tight it is? you can email them directly to me at

orange40thstang04@msn.com