Thread: few question, 1 request.

Junior SCH Member

Question few question, 1 request.

My car:
    91 Trans Am GTA
    L98 350 TPI
    700r4 tranny
    all stock..

Questions: I just received the ATI information package in the mail. It is very informative, but I need some more info.

After reading some posts here I see that people recommend just getting the D1-SC rather then the P1. Can the D1 be run at only 9psi until my engine is ready for more boost? From what I understand the P1 can run at any boost between 9 and 12psi, just by changing the belt size? Is this correct?

How easy is it to install the SC one headers are on? Should I install the headers first or the SC? I am getting both around the same time.

I don't want to do any internal work as of yet, the only thing I will replace is the exhaust, install headers, and change the injectors. I want to run this with 9psi P1 or D1. After a while I will also invest into new heads, a cam and a fuel pump, at which point I want to increase the boost, that is why I am asking about the P1 vs. D1. The price difference is less then 20% so its not a big deal. Will the D1 be too much for my car if I only change what I listed above?

Any information and recomendation of the above would be appreciated!

Request: Anyone have any sound clips of their P1 or D1 in action? It doesn't matter if it is a Stang, as most of you seem to have Stangs here (is this a Mustang board?) I love both GM and Ford (blasphemy I know), as long as it is american muscle I don't care! I am not concerned about quiet operation, I want some sound, i love the SC whine of my '90 3.8L Cougar XR-7, that thing rocks, at 400,000km (260000miles) it still runs like new!

My email is chrisv@rogers.com if you need that to send the sound clip to! Thanx!
    Last edited by Trypt; 07-18-2004 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trypt
    My car:
    91 Trans Am GTA
    L98 350 TPI
    700r4 tranny
    all stock..

Questions: I just received the ATI information package in the mail. It is very informative, but I need some more info.

After reading some posts here I see that people recommend just getting the D1-SC rather then the P1. Can the D1 be run at only 9psi until my engine is ready for more boost? From what I understand the P1 can run at any boost between 9 and 12psi, just by changing the belt size? Is this correct?

How easy is it to install the SC one headers are on? Should I install the headers first or the SC? I am getting both around the same time.

I don't want to do any internal work as of yet, the only thing I will replace is the exhaust, install headers, and change the injectors. I want to run this with 9psi P1 or D1. After a while I will also invest into new heads, a cam and a fuel pump, at which point I want to increase the boost, that is why I am asking about the P1 vs. D1. The price difference is less then 20% so its not a big deal. Will the D1 be too much for my car if I only change what I listed above?

Any information and recomendation of the above would be appreciated!

Request: Anyone have any sound clips of their P1 or D1 in action? It doesn't matter if it is a Stang, as most of you seem to have Stangs here (is this a Mustang board?) I love both GM and Ford (blasphemy I know), as long as it is american muscle I don't care! I am not concerned about quiet operation, I want some sound, i love the SC whine of my '90 3.8L Cougar XR-7, that thing rocks, at 400,000km (260000miles) it still runs like new!

My email is chrisv@rogers.com if you need that to send the sound clip to! Thanx!
    If the 20% more cost to get a D1 is not a big deal, i would go with the D1...Changing the blower pulley to a bigger pulley will slow the blower down and wont make as much boost!! The belt has nothing to do with it. You can set the boost wherever you want. I think the D1 will give you more room to grow. Although i have P1 and love it, Im to the point where i need to upgrade...Look into the P1SC2 blower. This one looks pretty bad ***.....
    Last edited by 94BLOWNCOBRA; 07-22-2004 at 10:23 AM.
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s