Thread: Need new s/c brackets!

Junior SCH Member

Question Need new s/c brackets!

I am running a cogged T-trim that is attached to the original Powerdyne
    bd-11 passenger side accessory relocation bracket. I did upgrade the s/c mounting bracket when I swapped the P-dyne to an S-trim. It has been a street cruiser up until now, but I took it to the track yesterday for the first time. The existing brackets flexed harder than Arnold's bicep! I ran an 1/8 mile pass and it twisted so bad, it sheared off every cog on the belt by the 100ft mark.

I've see the SCH products here, but I'm not sure what I'll need. I still have the smog pump. Can I keep the accessory relocation brackets and just buy the 1/2 thick front s/c mounting place with the improved idler tensioner? If I'm going to be going through cogged belts, I'd rather just switch back to an 8 rib setup. I only plan on running 2-3 1/8th mile drag radial events a year.

Nothing has changed from the signature line combo except switching to cogs and I now footbrake launch a super comp PA C-4 with a 3400 stall converter.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch Peoples; 07-19-2004 at 11:01 AM. Reason: incorrect combo info
    '93 LX hatch
    342 CHP stroker
    TW heads
    Lunati 51025 cam
    AFM Typhoon intake
    T-trim, Renegade discharge, Mondo bypass
    28/74 cog pulleys
    PA Super Comp C4
    Aeromotive fuel system

No numbers on the new combo - old 302 combo:

10.80 @ 128 - 1.66 60'

SCH Member
    Have one made or purchase a blower brace to stop the flexing.

Need new s/c brackets

Just moved to Overland Park, KS just out side of Kansas City and need a new gym any help would be appreciated. God I miss Phoenix