Thread: NE1 swap to smaller waterpump pulley for better belt clearance??

Junior SCH Member

NE1 swap to smaller waterpump pulley for better belt clearance??

my belt snapped from what looks like it touching off under the ATI bracket idler and waterpump pulley under heavy load. the tensioner in my car just cannot push against the belt enough to keep it tight when it heats up. has anyone gone to an inch smaller waterpump pulley to make more clearance in that area? looks like that would give me what I need for clearance but will it adversely effect my cooling??

Ian, if your reading this can you make this pulley and how much??

Subscribing......

Im almost touching the water pump pulley also, my 6.75 crank pulley is right up to it ! I wish i could fit a 7-7.5 crank pulley on my 94 cobra !!!
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    Subscribing......
    92 Calypso LX
    Stock bottom, T-5, 10# P-1SC2, GT40 upper/lower, 65mm Throttle Body, Performer heads (6037's), F-cam, 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8" cermamic shorties, O/R H, dumped 2-chambers, 3.73`s, MSD 6 AL and coil, 30#'s, Pro-M Blowthrough MAF, 255 in tank, ATI FMU, MMP 1/2" Rails w/ Aeromotive Boost sensitive Regulator.

Dyno: untuned 10* timing 361 RWHP / 377 RWTQ, A/F was 10.0 from 3200 - 5000 rpm when we let-off. 4#'s of boost and some belt slip. Need a damn tune but, nowhere to tune here!!!