Thread: where did you guys get your complete novi kits?

Junior SCH Member

where did you guys get your complete novi kits?

I'm having trouble finding a complete kit with the FMU and the boost a pump, I tried jegs, superchargersonline and superchargers4less. The kit jegs had didn't have either one and the two later ones have the FMU but not the boost a pump, I don't want a tuner kit cause i'm gonna leave the engine stock.

thanks for any help

Get the kit with an FMU and order a GSS340 fuel pump seperately.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Yup, as far as I know nobody's kit includes the boost a pump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Give Dave @ www.jdsperformance.com he can get every part you need. The kit will come in one box, the pump in the other. If you need injectors, MAF, ect.. he can take your complete order.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    I would really perfer to run the stock in tank pump and just add an inline pump beacause other than the blower i'm leavin the motor stock.

Is the Walbro GSS 340 an intank pump?
    Last edited by 91aodGT; 07-20-2004 at 10:13 AM.
    91 Mustang GT

shift kit'd AOD, 3.73 gears, MAC shorty headers, O/R H-pipe, 40 series flowmasters"original", underdrive pulleys, BBK CAI, 16x7 BBK Speedware chrome pony wheels, Cervinis Cobra R Hood and new showroom quality paint

Soon to come: Brand new interior, AOD to T5Z swap

SCH Member
    yes it is in the tank. Dont run the stock pump. Its probably easier to change the intank pump than adding a inline. I changed mine last weekend... took about 1hr. total from the time i drove it in the shop and drove it out. Make sure you really low on fuel though.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Basic physics: Fuel flow (volume) goes down as pressure goes up -- basically (not exactly accurate), you double the pressure, you get 1/2 the flow. An FMU can spike your pressure up to 80 psi quite easily.

The Walbro 307 and 340 are both in-tank pumps, the 307 flows 255 lph up to 55 psi and the 340 flows 255 lph up to 80 psi. The 340 costs anywhere from $10 to $25 more than the 307, both are right around $90-$120.

www.racetronix.com sells pump kits with a nice wiring kit included. These pumps can draw up to 12 amps to push over 60 psi.
    Chris

Intank pumps are easier to deal with than add on pumps if you ask me.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    thanks you guys have been a big help

What all am i gonna need to run a bigger intank pump? AFPR and gauge, new sending unit that kind of thing
    91 Mustang GT

shift kit'd AOD, 3.73 gears, MAC shorty headers, O/R H-pipe, 40 series flowmasters"original", underdrive pulleys, BBK CAI, 16x7 BBK Speedware chrome pony wheels, Cervinis Cobra R Hood and new showroom quality paint

You could get away with an adjustable FRP and then buy a FI fuel pressure gauge that attached to the schraeder (sp?) valve if you don't want to drop the cash for an interior mount autometer gauge.

I too will attest that the in-tank is easier to install, just make sure that the gas tank is nearly empty when ya drop it. I also would recommend the Racetronix kit, a little more expensive at first but the slick harness makes up for it and if you decide you want/need the harness and relay later they want a pricey sum for just the harness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 91aodGT
    thanks you guys have been a big help

What all am i gonna need to run a bigger intank pump? AFPR and gauge, new sending unit that kind of thing

If you insist on using an FMU than I would not worry about the other goodies right now. You can just put the bigger intank in and go. No other things are mandatory in the tank. You can live without the gage and FPR as the stocker will work fine. As far as that goes if you promise the engine is gonna stay stock then just buy a used or new 190L pump as it will be more then enough.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

SCH Member
    I have a used 190lph Walbro fuel pump that i took out last weekend if you interested in it. I swapped it out for a 255 and it works fine. email me at jpbertrand@peoplepc.com if you interested in it. i'll let it go real cheap.

it will come with a brand new wiring harness and all instructions.

SCH Member
    Buy from Dave @ JDs Performance. I bought a Novi (actually 2 Novi's), a MAF and some injectors all from him last month. EXCELLENT customer service.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Junior SCH Member
    what way is the best way to go FMU or bigger injectors and Maf, The car will see no track time at all that kind of stuff dosen't matter to me. The car is a show and cruise around car, I would just like the car to run better. I someday might throw the trick flow engine kit on it so i'm gonna go with walboro GSS 340 for my intank pump, So i won't have to do this again down the road.

One more question

Will my stock alternator beable to keep up with the new pump and everything

Agian thanks for all your help
    Last edited by 91aodGT; 07-22-2004 at 06:22 AM.
    91 Mustang GT