Thread: Leak possible. other problems. please help out.

Junior SCH Member

Leak possible. other problems. please help out.

hello guys. new here, just found this place.

i recently installed a p1sc system.

my car is a 2002 mustang v6.

my mod list is

p1sc 11 psi, 2 core intercooler.
    42# FMS injectors
    90mm Lightning maf DRAW THREW not BLOW THREW. <ill explain in a sec>
    300lph fuel in tank fuel pump <from SVT focus, direct replacement>
    MAC long tube headers
    MAC off road H pipe and 2.5" catback.
    stock heads intakes and bottom end.
    SCT chip with a rough tune on it just to get me started.
    motorcraft awsf22c plugs gapped at 0.035
    i have also tryed NGK TR6 plugs gapped at the same 0.035 gap.
    JBA 9mm plug wires.
    EGR and PCV deleted.

i have a few questions.

ill start with my biggest worry.
    i got the kit used. the guy said it had 60 miles on it. i believe him. he is an honest guy and a friend.
    i was just re installed my headers today and noticed a small dropplet of oil had built up on the back of my head unit. it wasnt enough to drip, but was just hanging on the rim of the blower and there was a little back there on the pully housing as well. were talking just a small droplet.
    i recently changed the oil in the blower and put in 1 6oz bottle. it reads the correct level on the dipstick. i ran the car abouyt 1 hour. it was running very poor so i shut it down. it sat for 2 days and the oil was there when i looked today.

possible oil seal leak?

second. i am running my MAF in draw threw and not blow threw. reason is the 3" tubing of the system would not flow well with a 4" MAF and my tuners believe a draw threw setup is better on the procharger. so i have my MAF mounted to a 4" tube onto the airhat, and then a 4" K&N cone mounted directly to the MAF. my IAT sensor is spliced in and in the tubing right before the throttle body.

i know i am running rich. i fouled out a set of plugs and they were solid black and sooty. way too much fuel.

with the BPV hooked up, the car idles very lopiy and stauls sometimes. when i get un to 2200rpm or so it will bogg and sputter and will pretty much just shut down. when i am sitting in nuetral, and i rev the car and try to sustain an RPM of 2200-2500 it will get there, then bogg like the fuel is being shut off to the motor and then fluctuate between 1500 and 2500 rpm, then when i let off the gas it will staul sometimes.

with the BPV vac line disconnected, it will idle fine, but will get to 2500 rpm and buck like a wild bull.

either way the can needs tuned and is not very driveable.

should i try gapping plugs at 0.025?

my biggest owrry is the head unit leaking. is it safe to run 3 dyno pulls with a small oil leak just to get the car driveable enough to run a bypass belt till i get the blower fixed?

also another worry. this is another of my beggest fears. when i let off the gas after a rev, the blower sounds like a rotary saw spinning down. it last a second and is in bursts. does this sound like a bearing going?

any suggestions or tips would be great. thanks.

EDIT: i included a couple pics of how i have my MAF setup. any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TR2002; 07-20-2004 at 10:40 PM.

I don't know about your v-6 set-up but I just wonder if the draw thru is letting in unmetered air, (maybe from the PCV) or your getting turbulance from the BPV. My blow-thru is way up stream from all those hoses and does not suffer from any of that. Just a guess. Also, you might try spinning the MAF to get a smoother sample of air.

I also have a small leak after I change my oil, (6oz.) and it stops after it drips off a couple tea spoons. I've been meaning to call ATI but after 12K miles since I first noticed it I still have no other problems. Still getting full 10lbs. boost.

Also about the noise after a rev you noted, it's normal after a good blast, but if you just give it a little rev like up to 4K or so and it makes a loud chattering noise, that is not, (normal). It maybe your BPV is not funtioning right. Make sure you have it hooked to manifold vac.

Good luck
    Last edited by hiwaystar; 07-21-2004 at 11:09 PM.
    Green 2000GT 5 Speed
    P-1SC 10# W/Intercooler
    Shorties, X-Pipe, Magnaflow cat back
    MM Sportbox Suspension, Torque Arm, Adjustable LCA, 3:73 gears, Forged shortblock, aluminum FW, 03 Cobra rims W/275/40 BFG G-Force tires